Newbie about Headphones. Please help!
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
Yep... I can go on forever, but the short answer is the LCD-2 rev1 is the absolute best Metal can I've ever heard, and I've heard nearly everything.

It's a shame you've never heard any high end Stax. Ahhaaa I'm just playing.

+1 on the LCD-2 recommendation, bloody good those are. Warm, musical and a fair amount of detail? Yup. It's also easy to drive and has great customer support. It just doesn't get better than that.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
Heya,

Get the highest Grado you can afford. And be done with it.

Very best,

Your comments are always spot on with my experience MalVeauX, I often find it not needed to voice my opinion as you already have, we seem to have journeyed the headphone path in a very similar manner. High five.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
It's a shame you've never heard any high end Stax. Ahhaaa I'm just playing.

+1 on the LCD-2 recommendation, bloody good those are. Warm, musical and a fair amount of detail? Yup. It's also easy to drive and has great customer support. It just doesn't get better than that.

I know Stax would amaze me for acoustic and classical, but those make up <5% of my listening.. As for Metal, "Super airy" and "Effortless" as they're often called are not what I want. The enormous power, emotion, and sound weight the LCD-2 has makes Metal an experience that no other can has been able to deliver for me, not the D2000, not the HD800, not the R10, etc. The LCD2 r1 ended my music can journey, but I'm going to keep the T1 and ED8 (and maybe D7K) because they're special to me. Would keep the LA7K too for it's mindblowing bass, but it doesn't get enough head time from me for the price.

Audeze is a great company too, and both the LCD-2 and HE500 are amazing bargains as far as hi-fi goes, considering they best all in-production dynamics for hundreds less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back