New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #76 of 367
Excellent! The Alpha Dogs are one of the headphones on my list at the moment.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #77 of 367
NZheadcase,

I would love to test how would the Alo PanAm pairs with HD800 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I've posted this on the Aus & NZ head-fi'ers lounge thread, but might as well post it here. There's a very friendly guy here in Auckland that sells a humongous variation of tubes at a fair price, here's his website http://vintageaudiovalves.com/. I've just bought a pair of Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boys and a pair of Philips 6DJ8 A-Frame for $50 a pair from him, absolutely recommended.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #78 of 367
  NZheadcase,

I would love to test how would the Alo PanAm pairs with HD800 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I've posted this on the Aus & NZ head-fi'ers lounge thread, but might as well post it here. There's a very friendly guy here in Auckland that sells a humongous variation of tubes at a fair price, here's his website http://vintageaudiovalves.com/. I've just bought a pair of Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boys and a pair of Philips 6DJ8 A-Frame for $50 a pair from him, absolutely recommended.

Cool! does he have valves for the Lyr? I will check out. Once I finish shifting house, let's see if we can manage a mini meet before the real thing. :) 

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #79 of 367

Cool! does he have valves for the Lyr? I will check out. Once I finish shifting house, let's see if we can manage a mini meet before the real thing. :) 

According to Schiit's website, the Lyr can use 6922/6DJ8/ECC88 type tubes. Vintageaudiovalves does have a lot of them, you can try my 6DJ8 Amperex Bugle Boy / Philips A-Frame if you want to. A pair of Tesla 7DJ8 NOS would arrive in about 2-3 weeks time, which I believe should also be compatible with the Lyr since they are almost completely the same as 6DJ8. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #80 of 367
IIRC Jason did not endorse 7DJ8s (this was a couple years ago) but others tried them and they were fine. Schiit Lyr tube-rollers thread (100s of pages long; use search this thread).

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #81 of 367
NZtechfreak,

May I suggest you to edit your post and list down everyone that's coming to the meet? And perhaps a list of what gear they are bringing with them.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #82 of 367
NZtechfreak,

May I suggest you to edit your post and list down everyone that's coming to the meet? And perhaps a list of what gear they are bringing with them.

Heh, just sitting down to collate exactly this information!

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #83 of 367
Heh, just sitting down to collate exactly this information!

Here's mine NZTF:

Schiit Bifrost (non-uber)
Schiit Lyr
Alo Pan Am
HifiMan HE500
Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog
Centrance Hifi M8 (depending on delivery)

My M8 is supposed to ship first week of March, though I have yet to hear an update from Centrance. If it arrives on time, then I will bring it. 

You could designate this where you would put the sub-NZ$1000 gear tables. 
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #84 of 367
I'll bring in my HD800, WA3 with some tubes, and DM100. I can also bring my B&W C5, but I'm not sure that would be necessary.

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #87 of 367

Excellent! Always wanted to try a Woo.

Always wanted to try the Pan Am myself 
biggrin.gif

On the more inexpensive end of the spectrum, I'm happy to bring my Schiit Vali, Audioquest Dragonfly v1.0, and Sennheiser HD650.

That's a solid setup you got there!

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #89 of 367
Not 100% sure I'll make it yet - but definitely want to be there.  Should know for sure after I get back from o-seas mid-March.

If I can make it - I'll try to bring:
LD MKIV + extra tubes
NFB-12
HD700 / HD600 - depending if someone else bringing theirs (if they are, I'll leave them behind - otherwise quite a bit to lug from Invercargill).  Portable will be a Studio V3 Anniversary, Dunu DN-1000 (I'll bring spare tips) - maybe something from HSA's cheaper line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back