New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #48 of 367
Great stuff organising this NZTech :beerchug:

I'm only a possible at this stage. If I make it will bring BMC PureDAC, Decware Taboo (mark II) speaker and ortho amp, and probably LCD2 rev 1 - remember those :D

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #49 of 367
Awesome, hope you can make it.

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #50 of 367
Thanks for the heads up email Billy, I would love to come along to this :)

I have been a constant pain for Billy at computer lounge by jumping from looking to buy some T90's then perhaps T1's then completely changing thinking and looking at the HD800's :frowning2:

I dont have any decent cans to bring along but I am more than happy to bring my budget Beresford Bushmaster DAC MK2 which has rave reviews on various forums....

J

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #51 of 367
  Thanks for the heads up email Billy, I would love to come along to this :)

I have been a constant pain for Billy at computer lounge by jumping from looking to buy some T90's then perhaps T1's then completely changing thinking and looking at the HD800's :frowning2:

I dont have any decent cans to bring along but I am more than happy to bring my budget Beresford Bushmaster DAC MK2 which has rave reviews on various forums....

J

ROFL I must be a pain for him as well, from thinking of getting the DT880/990 to complement the Q701, changed the plan to HD600/650, then T90, then K812 / LCD-2 / T1 and finally ends up with HD800 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #52 of 367
Hopefully the meet can solve your upgrade dilemma (it may of course confuse the matter even more, but such is life in this hobby).

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #53 of 367
I've got the Bushmaster mk1 - it's remarkable. Handsomely sees off my Schitt Bifrost (one of the first released and not ubered though). Similar tonality to Jan Meier's StageDAC but with a more pronounced (and quality) bass and very resolving. Nothing 'budget' about it.

Until I got the BMC it was seriously a contender for best of my DACs - which include the Eastern Electric MiniMax.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #54 of 367
Was going to confirm date and venue for you guys yesterday, however the venue booking team wasn't able to contact me then . Have heard back today and couple of issues to work through, date may well be pushed to May (hopefully not later). As soon as I know more, you will too. Hopefully next few days.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #55 of 367
Was going to confirm date and venue for you guys yesterday, however the venue booking team wasn't able to contact me then . Have heard back today and couple of issues to work through, date may well be pushed to May (hopefully not later). As soon as I know more, you will too. Hopefully next few days.

May is perfect, just please can you not make it on the first week of May? I have a college exam going on at that time..

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #56 of 367
^ What? Where is your sense of priorities! :D

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #57 of 367

Awww, ok. 

As long as it happens, that's what's important. :) 

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #59 of 367

Awww, ok. 

As long as it happens, that's what's important. :) 

I know, downer right? I've not arranged an event of any kind before, so perhaps naive of me to think it would be relatively easy to arrange a venue in the timeframe I had initially planned on. As a positive, the delay means the HiFiMan HE-400i and 560 should definitely be there to audition!

Anyways, I can now confirm the date and venue - Saturday the 24th of May at the Fickling Convention Centre (Hillsborough Room) in Three Kings in Auckland (see in Google Maps).

Nice clean modern venue with very ample parking (somewhat of a rarity in Auckland) and some nice amenities like cafe and pub nearby.

Now that time and place are confirmed, and there is a more solid platform to build on I can launch into the next stages of planning.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #60 of 367
NZTF - where is nearest hotel / motel please? Anything you know of that is handy and decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back