New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #61 of 367
NZTF - where is nearest hotel / motel please? Anything you know of that is handy and decent?

Here is what Google Maps has for nearby hotels.

I will take a bit of a look into that and try to make some recommendations for travellers.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #62 of 367

I will take a bit of a look into that and try to make some recommendations for travellers.

Thankyou sir! I'll try an have a decent look tomorrow as well (during day off). 99% sure I'm coming. Trying to get my lovely "better half" to come and we'll make it a "weekend away from the kids".

Might be a good idea now (in first post) to start listing attendess - once we know who will definitely be there - and what gear they'll have. That way for some of us who have to travel - we might avoid having to lug so much gear.

Just an idea - to help pay for the venue - perhaps a raffle or blind auction on the day? If there are going to be any vendors present, they might also like to chip in. I also have some review samples - so I'll talk to the guys who supplied them, and see if they are OK with me donating them toward prizes.

Also - if we do come for the weekend - I'll get in touch early, and I can help you set-up.

Finally - might pay to change title of thread now to "May" instead of "April".

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #63 of 367
Tung Sol 7236 has arrived, Tesla 7DJ8s are on the way for my WA3. Will bring to the meet.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #64 of 367
What a disappointment!!!!
I am leaving for Germany on the 16th of May and can't cancel my booking.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #65 of 367

Just an idea - to help pay for the venue - perhaps a raffle or blind auction on the day? If there are going to be any vendors present, they might also like to chip in. I also have some review samples - so I'll talk to the guys who supplied them, and see if they are OK with me donating them toward prizes.

Can't say much more at this point but we're working on something behind the scenes.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #66 of 367
What a disappointment!!!!
I am leaving for Germany on the 16th of May and can't cancel my booking.

Oh no!

Disappointing for all of us too. It was looking like the date being pushed further back was going to suit more people, or so I'd hoped.

This will hopefully become at the very least an annual event hereafter, so should not be the last chance to attend. Also hoping that after meeting at the event we might have some smaller informal meets from time to time.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #67 of 367

Can't say much more at this point but we're working on something behind the scenes.

OK - let me know if I can help with anything.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #68 of 367
Might be able to get over this.....just!
Anyway,good luck and I am looking forward to the pictures and next year.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #69 of 367

Thankyou sir! I'll try an have a decent look tomorrow as well (during day off). 99% sure I'm coming. Trying to get my lovely "better half" to come and we'll make it a "weekend away from the kids".

Might be a good idea now (in first post) to start listing attendess - once we know who will definitely be there - and what gear they'll have. That way for some of us who have to travel - we might avoid having to lug so much gear.

Yes, I plan to collate a list over the next couple of days now that venue and such like is confirmed - now I know the space available I can streamline who shows stuff and when etc.

Great minds and all that :) Working on this.

Also - if we do come for the weekend - I'll get in touch early, and I can help you set-up.

Perfect, will certainly want a bit of a hand.

Finally - might pay to change title of thread now to "May" instead of "April".

Ah yes, good idea. Tried before but couldn't do it on mobile and too busy at work to sort it at the time. Will take another look now...

Any suggestions about how to proceed welcomed everyone, hopefully I will be covering most things, but doesn't hurt to make sure I'm not missing a trick.

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #70 of 367
Hi guys

Count me in for this!!!, I only have sennheiser hd25-ll but I am very keen to upgrade to a good rig. This is a very good opportunity to try some of the systems ive been researching

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #71 of 367
  Hi guys

Count me in for this!!!, I only have sennheiser hd25-ll but I am very keen to upgrade to a good rig. This is a very good opportunity to try some of the systems ive been researching

Welcome to Head-Fi mate! Sorry for your wallet.

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #72 of 367
Hi guys

Welcome! Just quietly, for headphone enthusiasts this event is going to be amazing.

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #73 of 367
I've got the Bushmaster mk1 - it's remarkable. Handsomely sees off my Schitt Bifrost (one of the first released and not ubered though). Similar tonality to Jan Meier's StageDAC but with a more pronounced (and quality) bass and very resolving. Nothing 'budget' about it.

Until I got the BMC it was seriously a contender for best of my DACs - which include the Eastern Electric MiniMax.

Thanks for the vote of confidence (aways good to hear that you have gear that is well regarded by people who know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than me!!

I am more than happy to bring the Mk2 along to the meet if anyone wants to try their cans with it (just let me know).

Really looking forward to adding to my basic knowledge so if you see a confused looking English guy at the meet that will be me so please dont hesitate to say hi & teach me some stuff :)

Hopefully I can finally decide on some cans & spend some cash with Billy at computer lounge!!!

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #74 of 367
^ That would be great if you take it along JJH.

As with most things, you never stop learning. I've been into high-end audio since 1985 on and off. Still discovering new things.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #75 of 367
Hey guys! I took delivery of the Alpha Dog yesterday. Putting it through its paces now. I promise to bring this to the meet. :) It is one must-hear piece of work. Kudos to  Mr. Speakers - Dan Clark. I think these will be my permanent work headphones. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back