New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #76 of 529
^

It should be a fun day. :gs1000smile:

Indeed it will! Definitely hold off buying until then, since you should be able to hear the Ether and quite possibly the HE-1000 too!

May 14, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #78 of 529
OK, have made a post to keep a track on the gear expected on the day - check it out here.

If I have missed anything please PM the gear and I will add it in.

Once I hear back from a few vendors like Computer Lounge the list may grow a great deal, it's mostly our own personal gear listed so far.

May 14, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #79 of 529
  WA22 and Simaudio 430HA?

OK, getting seriously amped for this now (pun intended!)

Kudos to you both for being willing to bring them along!

The Vega DAC and 430HA seem to go together wonderfully well - result is warm, musical and rich. Solid state detail and extension with a warmth and body that gets close to tubes, I think. Very addictive stuff with the modded HE6.

I really do hope I have the Glenn 300B amp in my hands in time - that amp promises to be a killer.

May 14, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #80 of 529
OK, have made a post to keep a track on the gear expected on the day - [COLOR=0000CD]check it out here[/COLOR].

If I have missed anything please PM the gear and I will add it in.

Once I hear back from a few vendors like Computer Lounge the list may grow a great deal, it's mostly our own personal gear listed so far.

You could add the Oppo HA-1 in under DACs as well.

In my opinion it is not a nice sounding DAC. However to the neutral crowd there is some followers. I can configure the wiring so members can listen to the DAC instead of the Arcam DAC. Or they can connect their portable players in direct.

Might be of interest to members who are interested in the HA-1.

May 14, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #81 of 529
Done!

May 14, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #82 of 529
The Vega DAC and 430HA seem to go together wonderfully well - result is warm, musical and rich. Solid state detail and extension with a warmth and body that gets close to tubes, I think. Very addictive stuff with the modded HE6.

I really do hope I have the Glenn 300B amp in my hands in time - that amp promises to be a killer.

Vega and 430HA is a killer combo. I could live with that combo for the rest of my life. So musical.

I think I will be ordering the 300B amp next year. As soon as I have listened to yours. It has the potential of being the perfect tube amp.

May 14, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #83 of 529
Vega and 430HA is a killer combo. I could live with that combo for the rest of my life. So musical.

Yes, I am really interested to hear it given that I know the Vega well being my primary DAC also. Especially given I am also an HE-6 guy.

May 14, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #84 of 529
Thanks Murray - I haven't booked, or worked out what gear I'll bring yet.  I want to get my July trip out of the way first.  But I'll definitely be there! I might try and get there a day earlier - so I can help you setting up (if you need it).

At this stage - because I'm coming from Invercargill - I thought I might just bring my iFi Micro iDSD + DAPs (hopefully Fiio X1, X3ii, X5, X5ii if I have it, and Luxury & Precision LP5 if its back from its tour).  As far as IEMs go - it depends on interest - but I could bring:

DUNU Titan, DN1000, DN2000, DN2000J
Fidue A83
Alclair Curve
The Trinity Range - Hyperion, Techne, Delta
Altone 200
1964 Ears Adel U6

People would need their own tips though.

I may have a new prototype portable tube amp as well.  Can also bring my T1 and HD600 if you'd like more available.

Because of the distance - I was going to leave the NFB-12 and LD MKIV at home.  It would pretty much pale next to the tube gear you guys have got though :wink:

If I do come up early - and you have the time - we could go over the blog basics as well  if you want.

May 14, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #86 of 529
Likewise - I'm looking forward to meetinga  lot of my fellow Kiwi Head-Fiers, and maybe catching up for meal and few beers after.

May 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #87 of 529
Likewise - I'm looking forward to meetinga  lot of my fellow Kiwi Head-Fiers, and maybe catching up for meal and few beers after.

Dinner and drinks a must! Last year everyone kind of dispersed straight after, but I definitely think we should be doing something social post-meet this year.

May 14, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #88 of 529
I'm keen!  Lets discuss Aug maybe - when numbers more concrete?

May 14, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #89 of 529
I'm keen!  Lets discuss Aug maybe - when numbers more concrete?

Good idea, deferring more work planning sounds like a good idea from where I'm sitting. Right now I'm planning for how on earth I can buy an HE-1000 before the meet...

May 14, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #90 of 529
Wish I'd known - they actually contacted me asking if I wanted to be part of the limited World Tester Tour for the HE-1000 (I was quite flattered actually because virtually everyone else had to apply - for me it was just an email out of the blue).  Financially I couldn't afford it (the deposit) so I had no choice but to turn it down.  There was probably an opportunity to pick one up at a better rate too. Just wrong timing for me sadly.

Hopefully next time (with their next big release) I'll be in a better position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back