New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #91 of 529
Wish I'd known - they actually contacted me asking if I wanted to be part of the limited World Tester Tour for the HE-1000 (I was quite flattered actually because virtually everyone else had to apply - for me it was just an email out of the blue).  Financially I couldn't afford it (the deposit) so I had no choice but to turn it down.  There was probably an opportunity to pick one up at a better rate too. Just wrong timing for me sadly.

Hopefully next time (with their next big release) I'll be in a better position.

Next release would be the HE-400s - high sensitivity portable planar, next after that might be the HE-6 successor...

May 15, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #92 of 529
One amp I'd be really interested to hear is the Gustard H10, which is a Violectric V200 clone with some improvements - and all at about 40% of the price of the V200. I probably should have picked one up for curiosities sake given it was recently on Massdrop for even less money, but it'll probably come up there again before long I would guess. Don't suppose anyone here has one?

May 15, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #93 of 529
I'll be along, great to see a few goodies in the list that I'd love to spend a little time with. 

I can bring any of the following: Benchmark DAC1PRE, Sennheiser HD800/HD650, Burson HA-160 (which I'm happy to sell if anyone's interested).

May 15, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #94 of 529
Would really love to hear my HD800s through NZtechfreak's CMA800R monos but don't have a balanced cable. If anyone has an HD800 balanced cable that I can beg/borrow/steal/rent/hire/buy before the meet please hit me up :) 

May 15, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #95 of 529
  I'll be along, great to see a few goodies in the list that I'd love to spend a little time with. 

I can bring any of the following: Benchmark DAC1PRE, Sennheiser HD800/HD650, Burson HA-160 (which I'm happy to sell if anyone's interested).

Great! Bring it all!

Would really love to hear my HD800s through NZtechfreak's CMA800R monos but don't have a balanced cable. If anyone has an HD800 balanced cable that I can beg/borrow/steal/rent/hire/buy before the meet please hit me up :) 

Apparently even SE it is a superb pairing (that said, obviously I would love to hear them via the monoblock config - here's hoping someone has a balanced cable for the HD800 that will be in attendance!).

May 15, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #96 of 529
Yeah to be honest I'm sure single ended will give me enough of an impression of what to expect, if the sound is even half of what I've read it to be with the HD800 I'll be impressed. I'm very envious of that delicious stack of yours BTW! 

Thanks for organising an NZ meet man. Have been to a few in Sydney (awesome guys) so now that I'm back here I'm looking forward to getting to know the NZ-Fi crew :)

May 15, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #97 of 529
  Yeah to be honest I'm sure single ended will give me enough of an impression of what to expect, if the sound is even half of what I've read it to be with the HD800 I'll be impressed. I'm very envious of that delicious stack of yours BTW! 

Thanks for organising an NZ meet man. Have been to a few in Sydney (awesome guys) so now that I'm back here I'm looking forward to getting to know the NZ-Fi crew :)

Well, to be honest although I greatly enjoyed the sound of the stack in Melbourne earlier in the year it wasn't on the cards that I would ever get them given the expense of going monoblock with them (and absolutely needing to given the HE-6), but then two happened to be on sale at Head-Fi at the same time for around the price of one brand new... self-restraint has never been one of my strong suites.

May 17, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #98 of 529
  OK, have made a post to keep a track on the gear expected on the day - check it out here.

If I have missed anything please PM the gear and I will add it in.

Once I hear back from a few vendors like Computer Lounge the list may grow a great deal, it's mostly our own personal gear listed so far.

You can add some Denon AH-D7100 Headphones and a Meridian Explorer USB Dac to the list of gear that I can bring.

Also could be looking at selling some of my stuff I don't use so much these days, which can be auditioned at the event, if anyone is interested (Denon AHD7100, Darkvoice 3322, Audio-GD 10.32, in particular)

May 17, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #99 of 529
You can add some Denon AH-D7100 Headphones and a Meridian Explorer USB Dac to the list of gear that I can bring.

Also could be looking at selling some of my stuff I don't use so much these days, which can be auditioned at the event, if anyone is interested (Denon AHD7100, Darkvoice 3322, Audio-GD 10.32, in particular)

Oh, nice (sale stuff and new stuff to list).

Keen to hear the Meridian Explorer, one of the portable DAC/amp units I've not heard heard. I presume the new lower-ohm output version?

May 17, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #101 of 529
Afraid not - I have the original Meridian Explorer, not the Explorer 2 that has come out more recently

There were two versions of the original, the first had something like 20ohm output impedance and a revision of the v1 Explorer had a much lower output impedance.

May 18, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #103 of 529
G'day all. Looking forward to this meet. Last one was awesome, and since then have greatly expanded from a little Aune T1 and some Magnums to a nice little collection :) 

Would be keen to bring along some of my kit. I've got a project xpression iii turntable which is a solid piece of kit along with my Woo WA6. Also got a Matrix mini I dac which works nicely with the PC. If the Woo and Matrix look familiar it's because I may have acquired them from someone here :wink: and of course the little Aune T1
In terms of cans I've got the Magnum v5s still, as well as some HD650s, NAD HP-400s, a shared pair of Alessandro MS2s, some Koss porta pros (by far my favorites at the moment for the shear shock value they generate) and shortly some V Moda M-80s, which I grabbed on special. If there was enough demand there's also an old 70s Pioneer SX-424 which I use with my cans too, because power!
For a more mobile touch i could throw in the FiiO E18 too.

As I said, somewhat expanded in the last year.

I see Mark-G has another Pioneer amp turning up along with some D2000s in a big comfy egg chair. Hint hint.

Space on the floor?

May 18, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #104 of 529
Hi Guys,

Had tickets to last years but couldn't make it on the day.

Just getting into the headphone scene really.  Decided about two years ago to finally buy a pair of headphones, grabbed the Sennheiser HD449, entry level, but they made me realize what a difference a pair of headphones can have over the free ones you get with phones and what not.  
Most of the models and DACs/ Amps mentioned above go straight over my head haha, but keen to get more knowledge as time goes on. Trying to convince myself I need to upgrade my ones... 

Looking forward to this meet. 

May 18, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #105 of 529
  Hi Guys,

Had tickets to last years but couldn't make it on the day.

Just getting into the headphone scene really.  Decided about two years ago to finally buy a pair of headphones, grabbed the Sennheiser HD449, entry level, but they made me realize what a difference a pair of headphones can have over the free ones you get with phones and what not.  
Most of the models and DACs/ Amps mentioned above go straight over my head haha, but keen to get more knowledge as time goes on. Trying to convince myself I need to upgrade my ones... 

Looking forward to this meet. 

Shame you couldn't make it on the day last year - just as well there is another meet this year :)

You're seriously in for a treat listening to a lot of the gear that will be in attendance on the day, for what they are the HD449 are obviously a nice set of cans, but I'd be very surprised if you didn't get wowed by several of this headphones and associated gear there this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back