1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. NZtechfreak
    Borrow a laptop for the day perhaps?

2. audiophilegamer
    Yeah I will try to get a friends laptop for the day. Must I sign up anywhere to go?

3. NZtechfreak

If you're exhibiting no need to buy tickets. Do drop me a PM here though with all your gear listed though.

4. cub3y
    I've never been to any kind of headphone meet before, currently I've got:

Headphones:
    AKG K7XX
    Sennheiser HD600
    Sennheiser HDSP
    Audio Technica ATH-AG1
    Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm

Earphones:
    Xaomi Piston II
    Xaomi Piston 3

Gear:
    JDS Labs O2 + ODAC combo
    FiiO E09

More than happy to bring it all along. One thing I thought would be amazing would be some kind of recabling table/setup. I have a pair of PortaPros which cable are broken and would love help recabling it. What better place than with a whole bunch of other headphone enthusiasts!

Also I jumped in on the AKG K553 Pro on Massdrop, they should arrive before the meet.

5. cub3y
    I hope someone brings fostex th600s, I've been dying to try them!

6. NZtechfreak

Nice collection! Keen to hear the 7xx and the O2/ODAC.

I'd love to hear them and the TH900 too!

7. Brooko Contributor
    Murray - I also now have the iFi Micro iDSD - so I'll make sure I bring that as well when I finalise what I'll be bringing :wink:

8. NZtechfreak

Great! That's been on my radar a while. I am in contact with the iFi seller in NZ, and at present it looks like their entire range will be present.

9. Brooko Contributor
    You'll enjoy it mate - I've only had the unit for 3 days, and absolutely love it so far!  And the iTube as a preamp or tube buffer (with speakers) ....... my poor wallet.

10. NZtechfreak

I'm mostly curious to test their claim it'll drive the HE-6. I doubt it.

11. Brooko Contributor
    I'd say probably no.  Handles the T1 easily - but from what I've read, the HE6 is a whole different level of power.

12. NZtechfreak

I'm leaning that way, but until I've had ears-on, who knows? It does do 4W out on its highest setting, so that's something, I just don't think it'll have the voltage/current swing to do them justice.

13. Brooko Contributor
    When I read the specs, I was hoping that they might drive my passive bookshelfs to a tolerable setting at it's highest level.  Sadly it doesn't.  And reading that the HE6 sounds best straight out of speaker taps, I'm picking that it'll struggle.

14. piksnz
    Would love some comparison of iDSD and my Hugo. Looking forward to it.

15. Brooko Contributor
    That should be a lot of fun Sayan - looking forward to it!  Might PM you before I head overseas in July.  You can borrow the iDSD for a couple of weeks if you want.

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.