New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #46 of 529
I won't be able to bring my computer down to the venue... Maybe I could use my phone as the source? The thing is, my Bifrost Uber has to be connected via USB and my phone obviously doesn't have USB so I don't know what to do. Hopefully I could share a table with someone who has a laptop and share with them but that seems impractical because we have to constantly change the output source etc :/
Borrow a laptop for the day perhaps?

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #48 of 529
Yeah I will try to get a friends laptop for the day. Must I sign up anywhere to go?

If you're exhibiting no need to buy tickets. Do drop me a PM here though with all your gear listed though.

May 7, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #49 of 529
I've never been to any kind of headphone meet before, currently I've got:

Headphones:
AKG K7XX
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HDSP
Audio Technica ATH-AG1
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm

Earphones:
Xaomi Piston II
Xaomi Piston 3

Gear:
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC combo
FiiO E09

More than happy to bring it all along. One thing I thought would be amazing would be some kind of recabling table/setup. I have a pair of PortaPros which cable are broken and would love help recabling it. What better place than with a whole bunch of other headphone enthusiasts!

Also I jumped in on the AKG K553 Pro on Massdrop, they should arrive before the meet.

May 7, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #51 of 529
I've never been to any kind of headphone meet before, currently I've got:

Headphones:
AKG K7XX
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HDSP
Audio Technica ATH-AG1
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm

Earphones:
Xaomi Piston II
Xaomi Piston 3

Gear:
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC combo
FiiO E09

More than happy to bring it all along. One thing I thought would be amazing would be some kind of recabling table/setup. I have a pair of PortaPros which cable are broken and would love help recabling it. What better place than with a whole bunch of other headphone enthusiasts!

Also I jumped in on the AKG K553 Pro on Massdrop, they should arrive before the meet.

Nice collection! Keen to hear the 7xx and the O2/ODAC.

I hope someone brings fostex th600s, I've been dying to try them!

I'd love to hear them and the TH900 too!

May 7, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #52 of 529
Murray - I also now have the iFi Micro iDSD - so I'll make sure I bring that as well when I finalise what I'll be bringing :wink:

May 7, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #53 of 529
  Murray - I also now have the iFi Micro iDSD - so I'll make sure I bring that as well when I finalise what I'll be bringing :wink:

Great! That's been on my radar a while. I am in contact with the iFi seller in NZ, and at present it looks like their entire range will be present.

May 7, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #54 of 529
You'll enjoy it mate - I've only had the unit for 3 days, and absolutely love it so far!  And the iTube as a preamp or tube buffer (with speakers) ....... my poor wallet.

May 7, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #55 of 529
You'll enjoy it mate - I've only had the unit for 3 days, and absolutely love it so far!  And the iTube as a preamp or tube buffer (with speakers) ....... my poor wallet.

I'm mostly curious to test their claim it'll drive the HE-6. I doubt it.

May 7, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #56 of 529
I'd say probably no.  Handles the T1 easily - but from what I've read, the HE6 is a whole different level of power.

May 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #57 of 529
I'd say probably no.  Handles the T1 easily - but from what I've read, the HE6 is a whole different level of power.

I'm leaning that way, but until I've had ears-on, who knows? It does do 4W out on its highest setting, so that's something, I just don't think it'll have the voltage/current swing to do them justice.

May 7, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #58 of 529
When I read the specs, I was hoping that they might drive my passive bookshelfs to a tolerable setting at it's highest level.  Sadly it doesn't.  And reading that the HE6 sounds best straight out of speaker taps, I'm picking that it'll struggle.

May 7, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #60 of 529
That should be a lot of fun Sayan - looking forward to it!  Might PM you before I head overseas in July.  You can borrow the iDSD for a couple of weeks if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back