New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #332 of 529
Will trade you a demo of the new LG V10. I just got mine this morning.

Nice! Been thinking of getting that phone. Where did you get it?

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #333 of 529
Nice! Been thinking of getting that phone. Where did you get it?

Expert Infotech, parallel imported from Hong Kong. LG New Zealand are still dithering about selling the phone here and I didn't want to wait!

Will be putting the headphone output through its paces tonight. I've read about the app compatibility issues with the DAC but luckily I have Tidal.

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #334 of 529
Expert Infotech, parallel imported from Hong Kong. LG New Zealand are still dithering about selling the phone here and I didn't want to wait!

Will be putting the headphone output through its paces tonight. I've read about the app compatibility issues with the DAC but luckily I have Tidal.

LGs have been amongst the best for USB audio support, keen to see how the Mojo goes on it.

Do you have any portable DACs to try on it?

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #335 of 529
LGs have been amongst the best for USB audio support, keen to see how the Mojo goes on it.

Do you have any portable DACs to try on it?

My FiiO X3 can function as an OTG DAC and it does work. No USB Audio Player Pro needed, it just worked off Tidal.

Conversely my CEntrance DACPort Slim doesn't work, but that's because it needs a silly amount of USB power and really isn't intended for phones in the first place. Although unlike my Note 3 it just plain doesn't work with the V10, whereas the Note 3 will try to play audio through it (at very low volume).

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #336 of 529
My FiiO X3 can function as an OTG DAC and it does work. No USB Audio Player Pro needed, it just worked off Tidal.

Conversely my CEntrance DACPort Slim doesn't work, but that's because it needs a silly amount of USB power and really isn't intended for phones in the first place. Although unlike my Note 3 it just plain doesn't work with the V10, whereas the Note 3 will try to play audio through it (at very low volume).

Cool, can you tell if the horrible Android resampling is happening?

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #338 of 529
So, should be picking up the LCD-4 Friday morning. Saturday afternoon meet anyone? Will see if I can borrow the meeting room at work perhaps to use as a venue.

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #339 of 529
So, should be picking up the LCD-4 Friday morning. Saturday afternoon meet anyone? Will see if I can borrow the meeting room at work perhaps to use as a venue.

I've got a Fleetwood Mac concert to attend on Saturday, any chance of meeting at other time? Would love to have a listen to the LCD-4 
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #340 of 529
I've got a Fleetwood Mac concert to attend on Saturday, any chance of meeting at other time? Would love to have a listen to the LCD-4 :D

Sadly no, I have to return them Monday and can't do Friday or Sunday. They will be available for audition at Audio Reference however.

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #342 of 529
Interest check: Ether Open. Anyone keen?

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #344 of 529
More interested in Ether C myself.

The open is the better sounding of the two, but holding on to the Ether C for now because closed. They're good of course, but not in love with them as yet (do need plenty more time with them before deciding).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back