1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. HelmetGuy

No trouble, we can kick off at 1pm if that suits better.

2. NZtechfreak
    That would be awesome! Plenty of time to take it easy and refresh ears between critical listening.

3. NZtechfreak
    Is the somewhere close to the doors to temporarily park for unloading?

4. HelmetGuy

YGPM.

OK, everyone with the address has been PM'ed the new starting time of 1pm.

Once again for people just coming across this: mini-meet in Auckland Central today at 1pm. PM me for further details.

5. NZtechfreak
    If anyone has a 3.5mm to RCA cable to bring I'd be interested to connect the Mojo to desktop amps too :)

6. HelmetGuy

I'll have most interconnects covered I think including 3.5mm to RCA.

The only thing we'll be short on is trustworthy power boards so BYO please.

7. HelmetGuy
    Thanks to all who came out. Hopefully we can make this a more regular thing with more notice next time.

I can say without a doubt that the LCD-4 is the best headphone I've ever listened to, easily.

8. Aiyah

There is definitely nothing offensive about it. It gets out of the way and let's the music come through. I thought it was a great listen. Also the Ether C were nice. Wish it had a smidgen more bass but overall I felt it was engaging. It had fantastic mid range and treble.

9. Badas
    Sorry I missed it guys. My wife twisted her ankle in cross fit yesterday. She needed some care.

Did anyone take some pics?

10. NZtechfreak
    Frank was taking some snaps, hopefully he will share.

Regards the Ether C - towards the end I tried them on my desktop setup for the first time and actually found I liked their sound more than I have on other gear. Obviously one would hope that is the case, however I do think it points to the portable pairings I've tried not being quite ideal. I think I will have to try them out on some other gears, and of course with the tuning kit that is coming to me...

11. HelmetGuy
    A few photos:

20151121_154409.jpg

20151121_155524.jpg

20151121_161910.jpg

20151121_162250.jpg

Also have to say that the hype surrounding the CMA800R + HD800 pairing is definitely warranted. Incredibly wide soundstage, very revealing yet still very engaging.

12. piksnz
    image.jpg
    Enjoying the bliss of mojo. I don't see any difference compared to Hugo. An excellent DAP at this form factor.

13. NZtechfreak

Agree, except for the DAP bit, because it isn't a DAP :p

Ran the LCD-4 well. Not so enthused about it's pairing with the Ether C at this stage...

14. piksnz
    Lol I meant DAC. Thanks for correcting me. :smiley:

15. NZtechfreak
    LCD-4 lit up by the Mojo:

P1060166.jpg  

Brooko and piksnz like this.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last