New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #302 of 529
Lets make next years a week long. :xf_eek: :p

It's mostly the problem of showing your own gear, and in my case compounded by needing to worry about internet connections, assisting meet newcomers etc etc. I had two helpers this year, but they were tied up with meet organising and showing my portable gear, probably need a third next year to handle my rig while I wander around partaking of all the audio excellence brought by others.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #303 of 529
Just one of many things I didn't get a chance to listen to!

I can send that up as well when I send the Aegis if you want. Happy to tour it too - but would need to be a restricted list of people due cost.

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #305 of 529
Review just posted for the Roar2 - http://www.head-fi.org/products/creative-sound-blaster-roar-2-portable-nfc-bluetooth-speaker-with-aptx-aac-black/reviews/14147

If there are any Kiwis who'd like to take this unit for a couple of weeks, and maybe post impressions in a thread (no review required unless you want to) - then PM me.

If there is enough interest I'll start a tour and set-up a thread.

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #306 of 529
Review just posted for the Roar2 - http://www.head-fi.org/products/creative-sound-blaster-roar-2-portable-nfc-bluetooth-speaker-with-aptx-aac-black/reviews/14147

If there are any Kiwis who'd like to take this unit for a couple of weeks, and maybe post impressions in a thread (no review required unless you want to) - then PM me.

If there is enough interest I'll start a tour and set-up a thread.

I was pretty impressed with the Roar for the brief moments where I fired it up before the meet proper started, would be interested to compare it to my Loewe Speaker 2go (which is needless to say more expensive).

Nice review, thanks.

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #307 of 529
Keen to send it up Murray - can probably include the Aegis too if you or anyone else wants to spend some time with it.

What I'd like to do is get 3 or 4 like minded people who'd like to try either one - then I'd just sent to you.  10-14 days each.  Set-up a thread for impressions.  Then as long as someone OK with sending them back again in 6 weeks or so.

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #308 of 529
Interest check: any kiwi Head-Fiers want to take my Auralic Vega at $3.3K NZD?

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #309 of 529
Might also sell my Metrum Octave Mk.1 + MHDT Labs USB to Coax & Optical converter for $800, if anyone is interested.

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #310 of 529
  Might also sell my Metrum Octave Mk.1 + MHDT Labs USB to Coax & Optical converter for $800, if anyone is interested.

Upgrading again my friend? 

popcorn.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #311 of 529
Oct 11, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #313 of 529

Going the minimalist route? Intriguing. So AK Jr. straight to the HDVA 600 inputs via line out? Does the AK Jr. have a dock? I've never personally followed the AK line, but I might google it tonight. 

The AK Jr. doesn't have a dock, unlike its bigger siblings. Might as well go the minimalist route in terms of DAC though, as the HDVA 600 is likely going to be my end-game amp, and to quote Marv (Purrin) regarding the HDVA 600,

Quote:
I found the amp circuitry to have its own sound which allows the benefit of using a variety of sources without too many differences. This is a good thing at the price level.

I can barely tell any difference between any DACs using the Senn amp, so might as well downsize and get myself a DAC that can also be used as a portable DAP 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #314 of 529
Makes perfect sense, mate. :) 

Personally, I'm looking at either HD800 + Valhalla 2 or HD800 HDVA600, like yours. It's just...the difference in price between the HDVA 600 and Vallhalla is quite steep. I'm still saving though, so no hurry. 

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #315 of 529
Quick heads-up that Addicted to Audio is selling out of the Questyle gear (change in distribution model or some such), and the gear is HEAVILY reduced. Not sure if the two guys searching for amplification for their HD800s are here, but the 800i DAC and amp unit is amazingly priced and could be end-game for the HD800. I grabbed a CAS192D to replace my Vega, which netted a tidy sum given the insanely cheap run out price on the CAS192D (I think they may still have one of these, if anyone is looking for a top flight DAC for a great price).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back