New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #212 of 529
Timing for the meet couldn't be better. Have just got my WA5 and modded HE6 working better than they ever have before, thanks to the C3G drivers.

Awesome sound. I hope folks enjoy it as much as I do.

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #213 of 529
Hey Gents,

Looks like I'll be bringing my Audeze LCD-X in addition to the TH-600. Also, I'll be bringing the new Apogee Groove, which is a usb powered constant current dac/amp. Really looking forward to this meet! How are we doing on power points, should I bring a power strip (it would just be a $20 one)?

Aug 29, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #214 of 529
Hey Gents,

Looks like I'll be bringing my Audeze LCD-X in addition to the TH-600. Also, I'll be bringing the new Apogee Groove, which is a usb powered constant current dac/amp. Really looking forward to this meet! How are we doing on power points, should I bring a power strip (it would just be a $20 one)?

It's good if everyone brings their own boards and extensions and things, we had no issues last year on that front.

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #215 of 529
Final list of gear I'm bringing:

Headphones - Sennheiser HD800, Audio-Technica W3000ANV, Hifiman HE-500 (with Focus pads), Oppo PM-3
Amps - Violectric V200, Bottlehead Crack with Speedball
Digital - Audiolab M-DAC + laptop
Vinyl - Rega Planar 3 with Denon DL110 cartridge

Like last year I'll have my gear separated into two rigs - a vinyl one and a digital one. The Crack will be amping the turntable and the V200 will be amping the M-DAC.

This meet will be a blast. Looking forward to it!

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #216 of 529

Headphones - Sennheiser HD800, Audio-Technica W3000ANV, Hifiman HE-500 (with Focus pads), Oppo PM-3

Like last year I'll have my gear separated into two rigs - a vinyl one and a digital one. The Crack will be amping the turntable and the V200 will be amping the M-DAC.

This meet will be a blast. Looking forward to it!​

I see you managed to get your V200 fixed there, nice!

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #218 of 529
Yes! My Pandora Hope VIs are cleared for delivery!

Still the anxious wait for the ZMF gear, if it doesn't arrive may arrange a follow-up mini-meet for people to check these out.

Also, you have got to love the ups and downs of organising an event. Called Auckland City Council today, just to confirm everything all set... My heart rate must have gone up quite a bit, the person on the other end of the line looked up the booking number and for a good couple of minutes kept saying "Oh, I don't know what's going on here", "Oh, wait... Oh, no, that's not it" and similar things without explaining what the issue was. Fortunately all sorted, I wouldn't have fancied trying to sort another venue in the next couple of days at all.

Oh, and internet access should be available on the day - if you haven't done already, might be a good idea to sign up for the free 30 day trial of Tidal lossless for the meet :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #220 of 529

Just curious, how long does that whole GST process take from when it arrives?

Variable, if you leave it entirely up to customs can be ages.

If they assess something as attracting duties they send a letter advising of this, but often they have made the assessment days and days before the letter is sent. I usually call them to check every day or two so as to pay duties as soon as possible. Often I have the item before I have even received the initial letter from them to advise duties are owing. I live near the airport though, so often easy for me to drop in and pay for things and pick them up simultaneously. 

Pro tip: Customs will tell you have to wait for the letter to arrive before they can do anything, but that is BS, they can check over the phone if you call. I think they don't advertise this though as they don't people like me harassing them every couple of days :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #221 of 529

Variable, if you leave it entirely up to customs can be ages.

If they assess something as attracting duties they send a letter advising of this, but often they have made the assessment days and days before the letter is sent. I usually call them to check every day or two so as to pay duties as soon as possible. Often I have the item before I have even received the initial letter from them to advise duties are owing. I live near the airport though, so often easy for me to drop in and pay for things and pick them up simultaneously. 

Pro tip: Customs will tell you have to wait for the letter to arrive before they can do anything, but that is BS, they can check over the phone if you call. I think they don't advertise this though as they don't people like me harassing them every couple of days :)

I can verify this. Managed to get a customs assessment reversed. Received my package a full week before the original assessment arrived. 

Also, if you call  NZ Post, they can connect you to the customs assessment team directly. Never managed to wheadle the direct number out of NZ Post though. Like Murray said, not really advertised.  :)

ON the meet-related note, Yay Pandora Hope VI's! I've been really intrigued by Final Audio products. Saturday can't come soon enough. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #222 of 529
Flights are booked and ready to go!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #223 of 529

This meet will be a blast. Looking forward to it!

Nice that you will have a vinyl rig set up - I am afraid I need a new cart myself and funds preclude me from getting a decent cartridge in time for the meet.
Will be nice to give it a listen - should I bring a record or two?

For my gear, it will be a digital-based with my meridian 508 cd player, laptop and Astell & Kern 120ii as the sources. Not long now!

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #224 of 529
Yep, great that there is a vinyl rig on show!

My Pandora Hope VI arrived today, man, listening straight out of my phones headphone jack and the sound is really quite astonishing (after ten minutes of fussing to get new low repulsion pads on there, that is). Tomorrow night will give them a run on the HA-2 and see how that sounds...

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #225 of 529

Nice that you will have a vinyl rig set up - I am afraid I need a new cart myself and funds preclude me from getting a decent cartridge in time for the meet.
Will be nice to give it a listen - should I bring a record or two?

That's really unfortunate as your turntable is otherwise much better spec'd than my one. Feel free to bring along some records.

In fact anyone can bring records to spin, provided that said records are clean. Some good, well-known titles would be appreciated. I have about four pop records and the rest is either prog or obscure stuff.

Still got last year's crowd favourite though:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back