1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. 62ohm

Turns out a friend of mine can give me a ride tomorrow, but thanks a lot for the offer, mate.

See you all there tomorrow!

2. NZtechfreak

Yay! Alls well that ends well :)

3. NZtechfreak
    Just running my system through it's paces (and taking some time with the ZMF headphones), sounding good via Tidal. Love being able to flick a switch between the balanced monoblock outputs and the dual single-ended connections, three headphones connected, only a few seconds to switch between any of them. Looking at all the gear I'm bringing tomorrow sitting on a table around me, ridiculous.

4. robthemac
    Will there be space for a desktop PC, DAC, and integrated amp? Won't be able to make it til about 12, but I'd love to bring along my VDAC-11, Marantz and AKG K812S

5. NZtechfreak

Yeah, loads of space, no worries on that front!

6. piksnz
    Hi Guys, I will be bringing the Noble Audio Savant IEM tour unit. Thanks to d marc0 for allowing me to bring the unit to the meet. I will be there from 10 to 1pm today.
    Please post your impressions to http://www.head-fi.org/t/772698/noble-savant-thread-impressions-reviews-tours/150#post_11889633

7. HelmetGuy
    Enjoy the meet, everyone!

8. TonyNewman
    Really sorry I couldn't make it today. Had a dental emergency and spent this morning getting injected and drilled (oh the joy). Now waiting for the feeling to return to the left side of my face (dribbling is sexy, isn't it?).

Anyway, I was going to bring the WA5 with the C3G drivers and the 430HA, both hooked into the Vega DAC, driving modded HE6/HD800. Bugger.

The good news is that next year I will have one of these to bring:

LL.jpg

Glenn 300B amp. Mine will be slightly different, but mostly the same as above. PY500 rectifiers, C3G drivers, 300B output tubes. This baby will have all the bells and whistles.

9. Aiyah
    Big thanks to Murray for organising the meet. I had a great time trying everyone's stuff.

10. NZtechfreak
    I had a blast everyone, big thanks to everyone who exhibited and attended for making the event what it was. Quick note only for now to say that going for beers The Bramble in Onehunga, probably around 8ish.

EDIT: should get some photos and proper thoughts together tomorrow.

11. Brooko Contributor
    Huge thanks to Murray for organising it, and all the attendees who came. Photos will need to wait until I get down South. So many highlights for me - especially the HE6, and getting to listen to a lot of the Audeze range. Especially enjoyed the EL8 (thanks Terry - now I need to start saving I think). Hope a few can come out tonight.

12. NZheadcase
    Thanks Murray! and thanks to all the exhibitors. The stuff on display was really awesome.

13. piksnz
    Excellent meet guys. Thank you all for making this possible. The HE6 was the star attraction.

14. 62ohm
    On normal days, I would join you guys for some beer. At the moment, I have no car though (a friend of mine dropped off and picked me up for the meet).

Nice to meet some of you guys again, and to finally meet some other of you! The meet was a blast, and everyone was decent. Thanks for organizing it again, Murray!

The star of the meet for me was of course Murray's HE-6 setup, followed by the WA22-driven LCD-3. Looking forward to meeting you guys again!

15. Lyn Antony
    Thanks to everyone who let me try out their gear. I particularly enjoyed the LCD-3 and LCDX from the Audioreference table and the HD800 & K812 +HDVA600 combo, but Murray's HE-6 setup was definitely the highlight of the meet for me! So much so that I just snagged the last remaining pair from CL... may God have mercy on my wallet (thanks Murray...)

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.