New Xin Reference Amp by Dr. Xin !!!
May 24, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #211 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought battery power for amps means cleaner power than many AC powered amps and is mostly free of noise??

Keep thinking that. Theres much noise associated with AC power. Batteries are definitely a cleaner source.

Batteries aren't used in larger power applications because of cost/size and other considerations.

May 24, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #212 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Raphael,
On Saturday mrarroyo and I are getting together to listen to his Reference and my micro. I will bring my ETY 4's and let you know how they sound with the Reference.

Sounds great! I'm really eager to see how they stack up against each other. I hope mrarroyo has it burnt in very well till then. I think it's been about a week, so it should have over 150 hours by now.

May 25, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #216 of 559
I will not be able to meet with Vorlon1 on Saturday to compare the amps. However since there is so much interst I will give the "Reference Xin" amp to Vorlon1 so he can compare and post his impressions.

Of course the funny thing is that Dr. Xin has found a few more ways to further improve on the amp's sound and he is sending me a new board. Can't wait to hear it and if it sounds better it will be something amazing. The "Reference Xin" amp version I have has so much detail and clarity that it amazes me, it is also like two amps on at the same time. I mean you get the bulk of the music in the center and then on the perimetry you hear this other parts of the music like on 3D. You have to listen to it to hear it.

I hope Vorlon1 remembers to bring the UM2's.

May 25, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #217 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will not be able to meet with Vorlon1 on Saturday to compare the amps. However since there is so much interst I will give the "Reference Xin" amp to Vorlon1 so he can compare and post his impressions.

Of course the funny thing is that Dr. Xin has found a few more ways to further improve on the amp's sound and he is sending me a new board. Can't wait to hear it and if it sounds better it will be something amazing. The "Reference Xin" amp version I have has so much detail and clarity that it amazes me, it is also like two amps on at the same time. I mean you get the bulk of the music in the center and then on the perimetry you hear this other parts of the music like on 3D. You have to listen to it to hear it.

Why is it you can reach him but know one else can?

May 25, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #218 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is it you can reach him but know one else can?

I wouldn't say others can't. As I understand some here have been able to get in touch with him. Or perhaps I am very lucky!
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #219 of 559
Quote:

I wouldn't say others can't. As I understand some here have been able to get in touch with him. Or perhaps I am very lucky!
biggrin.gif

I just meant with the wait times what they are you were able to get a reference and now an updated board coming HMMMM!

May 25, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #221 of 559
The Reference continues to improve, not that I thought there was much room to but it is taking the sound to a different level. The dynamics are almost too much, oh they are fine but I am not used to such a micro and macro array of dynamics.

May 25, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #224 of 559
Quote:

I'm really looking foreward to hearing these impressions!!!!

May 25, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #225 of 559
Quote:

Yeah! You seems to be very lucky (one of those) persons!!!
lambda.gif

I used EL8201 as buffers in my new supermini. Very good sound and I think it must be the best buffer for low voltage XIN amps like LE and supermini!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back