NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 22, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #500 of 534
I'm in the process of reading/catching up on x3ii development.
My understanding is that these are the options:
Hibby xDuoo fw 1.3
Sinux fw 1.2SE8
Rockbox Xtenik (September 13, 2018 updated)
Rockbox Vortex X3ii_v1.2_5bbc553-190915

I quickly tried Sinux - looks good.
Just wanted to check - is there no way to dual boot Sinux with Rockbox Vortex?
I updated to Sinux, but when I installed Vortex, seems it goes back to native Hibby.

I didn't look too deep into the X20 before I bought x3ii, but looks like it has beefier output stage and also balanced out option, but less battery life. These aren't things I needed - x3ii is great value in my opinion for its feature set. There is also improved firmware from SinuX (see his posts on the last few pages), as well as Rockbox for another alternative option.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #501 of 534
Hi & hello,

is there anybody else having issues with the original (leather) case for the x3ii?
Whenever I press the volume up button, it keeps increasing the volume up to the maximum.
The volume up button is the only one with a slightly heightened spot, maybe that causes the problem.
Any solutions regarding this?

All the best,
Thorsten

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #502 of 534
Hi everyone,
I think xDuoo X3II users might be interested in my custom firmware. I made some reverse-engineering tricks over stock v1.2 firmware and implemented a lot of interesting things. The most interesting are:
  • UI speedup and brand new design
  • Changeable UI themes (12 built in + unlimited amount can be loaded from SD card)
  • Battery levels and brightness levels fixed
  • All five DAC's digital filters implemented
  • Extended EQ adjust range
  • DSD noise fixed (stolen from last X20 firmware)
img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

Project page on GitHub: https://github.com/SinuXVR/xDuoo-X3II-custom-firmware
Just download update.upt file and you know what to do :wink:
thanks for doing this, really, wondeful job

Apr 28, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #503 of 534
Hey guys, i just got my x20 today. The sq is great but can it work as a dac for my smartphone (huawei mate 20 pro)? I connected it via otg but the phone did not recognized the x20.

I have owned X20 for more than 1 year, and have been able to connect with my Iphone or Ipad (relying on OTG cable) as DAC decoding and play music in the local network through Hiby App.
But recently I was pleasantly surprised to find that I can play TIDAL streaming music by turning on the Bluetooth connection to the Iphone or Ipad (there is no need to connect the Bluetooth wireless decoding), this is really a great application of X20!

May 3, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #504 of 534
what the heck....anybody have issue with the XDUOO X20 last 1.8 firmware??

well, i finally decide to do it and it was a disaster, it bug and wasnt usable as their were lag and USB DAC didnt work anymore....real disaster!

I struggle to find STOCK FIRMWARE, there it is LINK

One advice: stay away of 1.8 update!!!!!!!

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #505 of 534
I'm in the process of reading/catching up on x3ii development.
My understanding is that these are the options:
Hibby xDuoo fw 1.3
Sinux fw 1.2SE8
Rockbox Xtenik (September 13, 2018 updated)
Rockbox Vortex X3ii_v1.2_5bbc553-190915

I quickly tried Sinux - looks good.
Just wanted to check - is there no way to dual boot Sinux with Rockbox Vortex?
I updated to Sinux, but when I installed Vortex, seems it goes back to native Hibby.
How is the support of external dac, dongle, etc with xduoo nii?
Does it also works on customs firmware?

May 17, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #506 of 534
There is nothing interesting. Better try my latest build of 1.2SE9 with LDAC HQ, AAC codecs and improved LCD gamma. Also it contains new kernel and bootloader from 1.3
Hi SinuX,

Thanks for your great work so far. Still loving my x3ii and your firmware.

I've recently converted a friend to it, and as he's a big classical listener, he was wondering how hard it would be to get the x3ii to read the 'composer' tag of files and show it as an option in the 'my music' menu?

Thanks for your assistance.

Jason

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #507 of 534
I have the XDuoo X10TII and it works great. I use is mostly as a DAP for my MOJO pulling from the SD card. I was wondering, if I had the proper cable, would the XDuoo be able to use my iPad as OTG and pull Apple Music songs from that?

Right now I am streaming from Apple Music using Mojo / Poly, but optical is a far better SQ, so I was curious if I downloaded the music to the iPad, and then connected to the Xduoo, would it see the Ipad downloaded music?

Sep 24, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #508 of 534
I only recently found this thread , and wanted to write that the xduoo x3ii is an incredible dap , far cry better than the original X3 , and I'm very happy with this purchase. Sadly rockbox is still somewhat not complete , it works perfectly but some applications are not running properly or cause the device to crash. Also the battery is quite poor , but it is a drawback I'm willing to pay for having around 200mw of power at 32ohms. I own a couple of daps , including the fiio x3ii , which cost me more than this one , yet sounds a bit worse and has less power and didn't have rockbox , Overall I'm very happy with this purchase.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #510 of 534
While roaming some Chinese threads I discovered some XDuoo users were running their DAPs into high quality Crystal clock converters. I got one of these ordered with a Femtosecond chip upgrade and will be running off a battery. Will give me additional output options including i2s.

IMG_2663.PNG
IMG_2631.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back