NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 29, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #466 of 534
well, its a bit convoluted, but the following worked for me

-update to rockbox version 1.2-190915
reboot
set options to manual update of database
scan TF card (21,230 on my current card)
-update to stock 1.2 firmware
-update to custom rom

result is custom rom, still with the 21,230 track database.

of course, if you add new music, the whole process will need to be repeated. but it works.

Hi SinuX,

I've tried your 'larger font' custom rom and I much prefer it to the original, but I'm still only seeing 15,000 songs in the music app.

Is there anyway to increase this in your next revision.

Thanks for your efforts, Jason

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #467 of 534
Thanks for the work-around, but I do update tracks pretty regularly so not a suitable solution for me.

Fingers crossed it can be implemented in the next revision (if there is one).

Thanks for helping though.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #470 of 534
Hi, I fixed this, check out the latest version. I changed the limit to 65535 (absolute max value), but you have to be careful - too many tracks can lead to unpredictable behavior

Thanks ever so much for your efforts, it's really appreciated.

I've installed the new large font version, but I'm still only seeing 15000 songs (I have about 18000 on the card).

Do I need to update to the large font version from any particular version to get it to work?

Thanks in advance, Jason

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #471 of 534
Thanks ever so much for your efforts, it's really appreciated.

I've installed the new large font version, but I'm still only seeing 15000 songs (I have about 18000 on the card).

Do I need to update to the large font version from any particular version to get it to work?

Thanks in advance, Jason
Did you try to update music library after installing new firmware?

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #473 of 534
Yes. Watched it update to 15000. Checked my library and still the same.

Thanks for replying so quickly.
I think you are using an old build, please try to download the latest one from GitHub and flash again. I checked a large font version, it works flawlessly:
IMG_20191201_122110.jpg

Dec 1, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #474 of 534
I think you are using an old build, please try to download the latest one from GitHub and flash again. I checked a large font version, it works flawlessly:

TERRIFIC!

Worked this time. When I downloaded the file from github it said that it was only 4 hours old, so it wasn't an old build. I'll chalk it up to one of those weird tech issues.

However, I'm totally stoked that it's working. I only had two issues with the X3ii; the file limit and font size, and you've corrected those for me.

Can't thank you enough. Awesome job.

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #475 of 534
Sorry to repeat this question but I'm trying to decide on a player quite urgently! I narrowed down my choice to x3ii or Tempotec V1-A.

Question to x3ii owners - does this have the same pitch issue at 44.1khz as the x3?

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #478 of 534
They're the same. They have the same hardware, use the same hiby based firmware with the same kernel and libraries. V1-A has just one advantage - MSEB, but X3II is more powerful, it's easy to teardown and more comfortable due to hardware buttons

aha wow that's good to know. Yep I'd prefer to have hardware buttons, touch screen feels too much like a phone :D OK looks like x3ii is winning now, looking forward to trying your firmware!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back