NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 3, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #394 of 534
recently noticed the x20 rockbox doesn't actually turn the screen off. the back light shuts off after a short period of inactivity, but the playback screen is still displayed. it's hard to see, but under bright light you can tell. I have peak meters on my playback screen and they continue to be updated. could be a factor in the reduced battery life when using rockbox? @XVortex

Feb 11, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #396 of 534
Has anyone who uses iems with the X20 found that their left monitor stops working? I'm on my third pair of iems where the left monitor stopped working when paired with the X20. I also have a pair of headphones that I use with the X20 and they're still working perfectly.

I always leave it on high gain. Could that be the source of the issue?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #398 of 534
XVortex' tweaked version of the new firmware displays Japanese titles correctly. thanks!

the firmware update's new default background (displayed when there's no album cover to show) kinda makes it seem like half my music collection is German neo folk or something. ^_^;

@ringyring
sounds like you might be having a connector problem maybe? I doubt the gain setting has anything to do with it. do you get the same result on the line-out connection? (make sure to enable volume control on the line-out before you try). for what it's worth, I haven't had any issues using iems with the x20. high gain, low gain, balanced, unbalanced, all fine...

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #400 of 534
Hi everyone, using my X3ii for the first time today.

I reason I purchased this was because of the Rockbox port. The stock firmware is useless and even in the music browser it does not list my tracks currently.

I'd like to see a headphone control at some point as I'm sure Ive read somewhere it is possible but that's nice have. My battery lasted from full lasted about 6 hours and as someone else mentioned the screen does not switch off just the back light. You can just about see the album art on WPS screen when at a certain angle. So I'm pretty sure this is the cause of the battery drain.

At some point I need to add a custom theme and tweak the database config to my liking but I'll do that when at a later date.

So thanks Vortex for everything so far.

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #401 of 534
As there are some top knowledgeable people on this forum and thread couple of questions.....
(1) Gapless....What is it ? My understanding is that if you play full cds , folders, then after each folder, or CD the pkayer stops....Or does it also mean playing all songs that you get a pause , GAP, after each track , but no pause.

(2) Balanced output ? I see some of the more expensive players have this.. What's the benefit, and to use it do you need specific cables, ear buds, headphones....etc....

Thanks for any help in clearing this up......For now all I would like is for my pair of X3 to have better battery life.

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #402 of 534
As there are some top knowledgeable people on this forum and thread couple of questions.....
(1) Gapless....What is it ? My understanding is that if you play full cds , folders, then after each folder, or CD the pkayer stops....Or does it also mean playing all songs that you get a pause , GAP, after each track , but no pause.

(2) Balanced output ? I see some of the more expensive players have this.. What's the benefit, and to use it do you need specific cables, ear buds, headphones....etc....

Thanks for any help in clearing this up......For now all I would like is for my pair of X3 to have better battery life.

Gapless mean you do not get pause between songs.

Balanced output have more output power (near double of unbalanced) and lower Total Harmonic Distortion wich tend to offer blacker background floor. This can be a plus for sensible iem as well as more demanding one that need more power. There cheap balanced MMCX cable on Aliexpress and I really think it worth the little investment.

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #403 of 534
So when playing All Songs , or in folder mode , whichever you get continuous tracks , no small pause like on a CD?
I Thought it meant the stopping after every CD, file, etc.....
Thanks for that...not going down balanced route yet, next player poss the newer X3 11.....All I have on my X3 in options is gain and dac filter ? ....not used yet..

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #404 of 534
X3 what does this slow roll off, fast roll off , when pressing dac mean ?
Also the Gain 0db, or +6db....?

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #405 of 534
Finally snagged an x3ii
Transferred my microsd from Agptek Rocker, and updated to latest Vortex rockbox build.
Have not had a chance to tinker much.

With Rockbox, once I made some changes in the settings, my 28800 songs initialized, and does play.

Unfortunately, this is not the case with hiby.
With v1.0 stock, it would stop scanning after the first 15000, but would work.
With Vortex 1.2, it scans the full amount, but as it is initializing, it reboots, and no music is available in database.
Any selection made (songs, albums, genres) results in a "No Favorites" message.
Have tried updating library 3 times - same problem.
Reset the device, and still same problem after microsd is scanned.
Will see if I can snag Vortex 1.0 to see if I have the same problem with hiby.

Fingers crossed something gets figured out, because the 30000 song increase was the major reason I went for this device. Was planning on using hiby for when cycling using BT headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back