NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 20, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #421 of 534
Update:
Rockbox did the magisc. I am eally happy with the sound I am able to get now !
Interface is far away from the best, there are some bugs, but the real problem is that the X20 is not reading DSD/DSF/SACD files. Anyone had this issue ?
I can live without SACD, but I have a bunch of DSF files and I am too lazy to convert them all to flac.

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #422 of 534
Update:
Rockbox did the magisc. I am eally happy with the sound I am able to get now !
Interface is far away from the best, there are some bugs, but the real problem is that the X20 is not reading DSD/DSF/SACD files. Anyone had this issue ?
I can live without SACD, but I have a bunch of DSF files and I am too lazy to convert them all to flac.
rockbox doesn't read DSD, but if you were hoping to apply software EQ to DSD you're out of luck anyway: the stock firmware can't do that either, and AFAIK there is no DAP that can (DSD as a data format is not amenable to processing).

you'll need to convert to a PCM format or look for a hardware solution i guess...

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #423 of 534
Hi!

Haven't found this thread before, created the new one for xDuoo X3II. It also has my review of this DAP. Thanks

_DSC1206.jpg _DSC1217.jpg _DSC1231.jpg _DSC1264.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC1265.jpg
    _DSC1265.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #424 of 534
I have an early model X3 (with the blue display) and RockBoxed it. I am very unhappy with it and will be dropping it into landfill soon. I really want to work with RockBox. I had it on an old iRiver H10 player and really was impressed with it, but I was using a Zune by then. This port for the XDuoo X3 is almost good for me, but I really am picky about have a working shuffle play feature that will resume where it left off on a playlist, after waking from sleep. All versions of Rockbox ported to the X3 that I have tried just cannot do this right. Only seems to do it about 10% of the times, more normal to resume play right back at the beginning of the playlist. Completely unacceptable for my situation as an in-car audio solution.

But before I give up entirely on my quest to get the right replacement for my Zune: Can anybody give me an honest testimonial that the resume play actually works on the X3-II RockBox port? I can just buy and find out, but I have already been burned to the tune of $90 on something I am going to throw away now and would not like to repeat with a $120 player.

May 15, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #426 of 534
is it really that bad for the X3ii? I tought about purchasing this player only because of it.. I need a 'battle' dap to carry around out of home :frowning2:

I cannot speak for the X3-II, I only used the original X3 with the monochrome blue display. But yes, I was that disappointed with the RockBox port for that. I just think the handful of people who do the work for RockBox just are focused on their own pet player projects and not really motivated to fix bugs on past projects.

Now I wound up buying a Sony Walkman NW-A45 as a replacement, and that is working out great for me. Excellent hi-res touchscreen with dedicated control buttons on the side of the case. The interface gives RockBox a run for it's money, but not customizable. Only real down-side is the data/charger connector is Sony proprietary. Even the bluetooth on the device is a joy to use. But at the same time as ordering the Sony, I could not help but add on a $37 Chinese player just to see how it is. Ruizu D29, just released this year. I wrote a review on Amazon already, but it has potential as a player you could carry around. I found the interface was poor for using in a car as a driver, and Sony shined at doing that. But feel free to check that out. The case is even made from a machined billet, possibly stainless steel because it has a lot of heft to it.

May 15, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #427 of 534
Thanks to Xvortex for his job on the Xduoo players. I rockboxed the original X3 and now my new X20, but theres something strange about the cover art in Xduoo firmware 1.5, and I was wondering if its just me or everyone has the same problem. I have the dual Rockbox + Orig. Firm 1.5 from Xvortex page, but in original firmware mode, the player doesnt show the cover art unless you pause and play again so it refreshes the screen. It reads the covers, but the screen is stuck in the previous image loaded, usually the stock "gear" image by default or even the volume or EQ screen until pause/play. Is this normal or its just me and I have to reinstall everything?
Thanks again, Im really grateful for these Rockbox ports.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #429 of 534
Xduoo X3ii

I am very grateful to XVortex his work on the Rockbox port, and the update that corrected some issues. I have found some more bugs and hopefully putting them here may help to correct them as I do not know how to contact XVortex directly.

On the Original Firmware menu screen the "Playing now" box at the bottom never shows the albums art. It always shows "Musik Wie Von Einem Anderen Stern"

On the main player screen the album art only appears if you pause then unpause the track.

When running Rockbox I found that the album art never shows.

The screen off, lock button does nothing.

Jun 7, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #430 of 534
Jun 8, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #431 of 534
My review of the xDuoo X20 is live now :)

Very interesting DAP, lots of driving power, very clean and clear sound, and made especially for those who want a DAP with physical buttons rather than a touch screen.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/06/red-magic-xduoo-x20-dap-review.html

xDuoo-X20-DAP-Player-Portable-XTENIK-RED-Hiby-Link-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-01.jpg

Good review ... I bought one of these right when it was released ... I concur with your findings ... above average sound at the price-point and no probs using the X20 whatsoever, although, as you say, it does take a bit of getting used to. Via my iPhone/Hiby-link, it's more of a breeze navigating. I also use it with a Topping NX4 DSD as an amp, via the supplied cable, and HD-58X headphones ... a good match. A rather excellent buy at $250 and for when I'm on the road. Wish I waited for the red version now !

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #432 of 534
Good review ... I bought one of these right when it was released ... I concur with your findings ... above average sound at the price-point and no probs using the X20 whatsoever, although, as you say, it does take a bit of getting used to. Via my iPhone/Hiby-link, it's more of a breeze navigating. I also use it with a Topping NX4 DSD as an amp, via the supplied cable, and HD-58X headphones ... a good match. A rather excellent buy at $250 and for when I'm on the road. Wish I waited for the red version now !

Ah, I think it is cool regardless of the color it is in! :)

Also, happy to hear you're having a nice experience with it! :)

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #433 of 534
I see there was an official firmware update on the 17th of MAy for the X20 v1.51.
http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/En/DownList.Asp
Haven't tried yet... I was hoping vortex would do a release of rockbox with this official firmware.
Also if vortex read this... There is one functionality I am missing from my rockboxed iRiver H340 and Sansa Fuze. The file browser hotkey. In which I could select what the hotkey would do while on the file browser.
There is no hotkey on rockbox for Xduoo X20. I think the power button could be the hotkey (short press). I normally set the hotkey while on the file browser to "Add next on the queue" that allows me to create a playlist on the fly quickly.
I checked on the Rockbox forums and there is no mention of the X20 so I guess nobody is working on it. I wish I had the knowledge.

Also I think we should split this thread or create a proper thread for each individual player.
Thanks.

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #434 of 534
My Xduoo x20 version is 1.5, so I guess 1,51 would be newer. Im using the Xvortex dual boot version, and it works perfectly so far, except that album art problem. Does the 1.51 have still that issue or is it unrelated? Anyway, thanks again for that dual boot version, works really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back