NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #676 of 4,971
So to those who have used the Vali with an LCD-2, how would you say it performs? Would you consider it a reasonable combination for someone who's already spending a bundle on an LCD-2?

I spent the morning listening to that combination. I was processing photos, so I wasn't really listening critically, but I never felt it was particularly lacking. That said, the LCD's will scale with a better amp as well.

Pick a time and come by the studio in the next week or so and you can listen for yourself.

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #677 of 4,971
I spent the morning listening to that combination. I was processing photos, so I wasn't really listening critically, but I never felt it was particularly lacking. That said, the LCD's will scale with a better amp as well.

Pick a time and come by the studio in the next week or so and you can listen for yourself.

Sounds good, the Vali would mostly be a stepping stone for a more appropriate amp.

Also, PM'd.

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #678 of 4,971
I know it's been stated that this amp won't be quite suitable for sensitive IEMs, but has anyone tried it with Etymotic ER-4S? If so, any feedback on the combination would be very welcomed. Thanks.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #679 of 4,971

I was looking at your profile and saw you owned the Mad Dogs and sold them. I have 2 pair of modded T50's, one pair I modded from stock, the other ZMF's version. I can say from my perspective, and many others on the forum agree, the stock Fostex is pretty disappointing. Given that you sold your Mad Dogs, I doubt you would find much to like in the stock version unless you plan on modding them. That being said, very few modders achieve the results Dan has with the MD, but it is a lot of fun to do, good luck. BTW Purrin said the Paradox(modded T50) and Vali were "sublime"

WEll I won't b hearing the STock T50RP. It's going to be here today. My Buyer wants them to stay Sealed in box. Pretty sure he's going to mod them him self

I know it's been stated that this amp won't be quite suitable for sensitive IEMs, but has anyone tried it with Etymotic ER-4S? If so, any feedback on the combination would be very welcomed. Thanks.

It's un released atm so you might have to wait a little for impressions

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #683 of 4,971
Nov 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #685 of 4,971
Nov 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #687 of 4,971
The power spec they released was 650mW into 32 Ohms.

A simple Ohm's Law calc - says 143ma current at that combination.  I'm not sure if that's all in Class A.  If it is, it's high, but not outside of the scope of many headphone amps.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #688 of 4,971
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Vali to the Woo Audio WA6 (perhaps with the Sofia Princess Rectifier)?

Pfft, bit of a class difference there.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #689 of 4,971
Aaargh - I had car troubles over the weekend and had to sink a bunch of money into repairs (and new tires) so several purchases I had planned on this week or next (including the Vali ) are on hold for several weeks. :frowning2:

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #690 of 4,971
  Has anyone had the chance to compare the Vali to the Woo Audio WA6 (perhaps with the Sofia Princess Rectifier)?

"The Vali is what most solid-state amps wish they can be in terms of clarity, resolution, microdynamics, but with a twist of having a touch of inner warmth and non-edgy, but very present treble. Think EC, DNA Stratus, Woo WA5, etc."

Purrin....on page 7 of this thread.....for what it's worth (the WA5 is a $3500 amp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back