NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #646 of 4,971
Ahhhh, just as I thought, a slight case of CONSTIPATION. I have overnighted a case of Metamucil to Jason and his team to hopefully speed this process along. Just doin my part. satwilson

BREAKING HEADPHONE NEWS!
Schiit tube constipation!

My money is burning a hole in my hand. I have high hopes that the HE-300s are going to synergize well with the Vali.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #648 of 4,971
  Please forgive my ignorance but what is a board house? Is that the entity that manufactures the circuit boards?

Yes. I think pretty much every product on the Schiit webpage shows a pic of its circuit board. A circuit begins with a schematic, which represents the electrical design of a circuit. That circuit is then transformed into "circuit traces" on one or both sides of a circuit board. That board is the physical medium that holds the components of the device. It provides a way to hold the parts together, as well as connect them electrically. It also contains mounting points, which will hold the board within a case.

Once the boards are produced, the electrical components (integrated circuits, capacitors, resistors, etc) are "stuffed" onto each board, after which the components are soldered onto the board (either on something called a "wave solder machine", or manually). The finished product is then mounted into a case, which isolates the components physically and electrically from the user, and provides whatever physical interfaces are needed (volume control, USB cable, power switch, etc).

Specialization is the key to productivity in a Capitalist society.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #649 of 4,971
Hi everyone,

I have a little dot dac_II paired with a little dot MKIII feeding my DH650. Has anyone had a chance to compare the Vali with the MKIII? I'm wondering if it would be a sidesways move?

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #650 of 4,971

Ahhhh, just as I thought, a slight case of CONSTIPATION. I have overnighted a case of Metamucil to Jason and his team to hopefully speed this process along. Just doin my part. satwilson

I'd like to believe that was funny. But I can't. It came across as lame.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #651 of 4,971

Yes. I think pretty much every product on the Schiit webpage shows a pic of its circuit board. A circuit begins with a schematic, which represents the electrical design of a circuit. That circuit is then transformed into "circuit traces" on one or both sides of a circuit board. That board is the physical medium that holds the components of the device. It provides a way to hold the parts together, as well as connect them electrically. It also contains mounting points, which will hold the board within a case.

Once the boards are produced, the electrical components (integrated circuits, capacitors, resistors, etc) are "stuffed" onto each board, after which the components are soldered onto the board (either on something called a "wave solder machine", or manually). The finished product is then mounted into a case, which isolates the components physically and electrically from the user, and provides whatever physical interfaces are needed (volume control, USB cable, power switch, etc).

Specialization is the key to productivity in a Capitalist society.

... well said! U have a tour of their board house or something >.> 

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #652 of 4,971
  Hi everyone,

I have a little dot dac_II paired with a little dot MKIII feeding my DH650. Has anyone had a chance to compare the Vali with the MKIII? I'm wondering if it would be a sidesways move?

Sir,

You joined Head-fi almost 4 years ago, and this was your first post? Congratulations! It is rare to find someone with such ability at delayed gratification.

Not many people have heard a Vali yet. Most people are going sideways just waiting for this thing to be released. I'm betting most comparisons are TBD. In the meantime, enjoy something that has been released:

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #653 of 4,971
  ... well said! U have a tour of their board house or something >.> 

No my friend, I just know lots of arcane stuffz
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #654 of 4,971

Sir,

You joined Head-fi almost 4 years ago, and this was your first post? Congratulations! It is rare to find someone with such ability at delayed gratification.

Not many people have heard a Vali yet. Most people are going sideways just waiting for this thing to be released. I'm betting most comparisons are TBD. In the meantime, enjoy something that has been released:

... DMN I never knew the DT 880s would sound so good with EDM :O nice job Daft Punk Dt 880 Bass loves ur music! [Balanced 880 guys <3] and ofc no eq

That said... who are those 5? Something yells Back Street Boy? [or Boyz] + some extras... either way weird video that girl has a strange skin tone to be in all blue >.> digged the dude with White Hair and clothes! 

OK the video ended and they are PEntaPheonix I guess.. neato! Nice... mix of vocals they have going on there! The guy's voice really is that high... 

anyways welcome back Sam btw! 

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #655 of 4,971

... DMN I never knew the DT 880s would sound so good with EDM :O nice job Daft Punk Dt 880 Bass loves ur music! [Balanced 880 guys <3] and ofc no eq

That said... who are those 5? Something yells Back Street Boy? [or Boyz] + some extras... either way weird video that girl has a strange skin tone to be in all blue >.> digged the dude with White Hair and clothes! 

OK the video ended and they are PEntaPheonix I guess.. neato! Nice... mix of vocals they have going on there! The guy's voice really is that high... 

You've never heard of Pentatonix? Wow. Well, now you have. Mitch sings falsetto, which means he sings above the breaking point of his voice. These guys won season 3 of a show called Sing Off, which is kind of like America's Got Talent, except just for singing groups. They are flat out amazing. No instruments involved, just voices. I think they're amazing.

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #656 of 4,971

Sir,

LOL - Thanks for the responses and the welcome back :)

I've deliberately kept my head low on this forum for fear of being seduced into more purchases - this latest Schiit has me tempted. Guess I'll wait and try to hold out for some reviews before any potential purchase.

Thanks

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #658 of 4,971

LOL - Thanks for the responses and the welcome back :)

I've deliberately kept my head low on this forum for fear of being seduced into more purchases - this latest Schiit has me tempted. Guess I'll wait and try to hold out for some reviews before any potential purchase.

Thanks

Pentatonix was great in the sing off hadn't seen then for a while. Good to hear them again - so talented.

neato, I do like Accapella 

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #660 of 4,971
  Hi everyone,

I have the same amp and am wondering the same thing. Vali will be more powerful, but that's all we really know for now. Though, I'm not opposed to a sideways move as I could sell my MKIII for a fair price and still have something left over if I end up preferring the Vali. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back