NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Apr 26, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #4,697 of 4,971
To try the Mjolnir's Circlotron topology would be the real reason, no? You have no choice other than a balanced cable.

That's true, but I'm also getting a Cavalli Liquid Carbon and would like to use the balanced output on that as well as the Sennheiser HDVD600 I'll be getting.

I do love my toys.

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #4,698 of 4,971
  If you use a relatively flat headphone (something like er4s) and use some parametric equalizer, you can reach that perfect flat FR. I don't think that there has been any proven premise in sound science which claims that science knows everything about amps. How do you show soundstage on dacs, amps, or headphones?
I was using my w4r and z1000. And I reached those results.
:

Soundstage is by recorded spacial cues. IMO other than overactive imaginations, of which there are no shortages, it's headphones that recreate soundstage.
As far as the ER-4S goes, I don't call the below relatively flat, not by any means.

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #4,699 of 4,971
  Soundstage is by recorded spacial cues. IMO other than overactive imaginations, of which there are no shortages, it's headphones that recreate soundstage.
As far as the ER-4S goes, I don't call the below relatively flat, not by any means.

The graph that you have shown is Raw. Here is the compensated one:

I know the headphones are recreating soundstage along with dacs and amps. But my point is that if you only believe in graphs and measured data, how do you compare headphones in soundstage? Is there any science clue? is there any diagram which shows how good headphones recreate soundstage? honestly, I don't know any graphs.
That's why I use my two stage approach in spending money. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #4,700 of 4,971
These threads always make my head hurt. Having just switched earpads a couple of times recently on my T90 I can't tell a difference between any of them. Yet people will go on forever about supposed appreciable differences in such things. There's probably appreciable differences in tube amps and not much else I would imagine for most people. SOME people I'm sure can hear more/better than the rest of us. I don't begrudge them that. 

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #4,701 of 4,971

The graph that you have shown is Raw. Here is the compensated one:

I know the headphones are recreating soundstage along with dacs and amps. But my point is that if you only believe in graphs and measured data, how do you compare headphones in soundstage? Is there any science clue? is there any diagram which shows how good headphones recreate soundstage? honestly, I don't know any graphs.
That's why I use my two stage approach in spending money. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Even the compensated one is far from flat, the major indices are at 5 dB. It's easy to see a 10 dB variation below 9 kHz in which the FR takes a nose dive above that. Unlike amps, it's hard to find a headphone or IEM that has anywhere near a purely flat FR.
Comparing headphones for soundstage is not simple because of the acoustic coupling to one's head, each head is different and perhaps different people will get different results for that as well as FR, Amps are not handicapped by such conditions and are very easy to characterize.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #4,702 of 4,971
  Unlike amps, it's hard to find a headphone or IEM that has anywhere near a purely flat FR.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-target-response-curve-research-update

You're on a crusade to convince everyone you're right.  You gotta make ten posts a day saying the same Schiit and a Magni is all anyone needs.  Relax a little.  Might live a little longer.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #4,703 of 4,971

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-target-response-curve-research-update

You're on a crusade to convince everyone you're right.  You gotta make ten posts a day saying the same Schiit and a Magni is all anyone needs.  Relax a little.  Might live a little longer.

I'm not on a crusade for anything, just expressing my opinion. If I hit a nerve of yours, that's not my problem, I'm nice and relaxed. 
regular_smile .gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #4,704 of 4,971

What are you trying to demonstrate with the above reference ?

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #4,705 of 4,971
Headphones aren't supposed to have a flat FR.

Figured StanD might like it because the HD 600 gets pretty close.

Not a single nerve struck Stan, takes a lot more than that.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #4,706 of 4,971
  Headphones aren't supposed to have a flat FR.

Figured StanD might like it because the HD 600 gets pretty close.

Not a single nerve struck Stan, takes a lot more than that.

It takes a tough hide to deal with headfiers, I guess my skin is not thin. FR and headphones is one difficult topic, probably because of not so tangible acoustics and the individual. On the top of my pile of headphones is an HD600. My favorites are the HD600 (known for being neutral) and HE-500.

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #4,708 of 4,971
Don't bother with technology my friend, they are all sounds the same. Tubes, OTL, transformer output, output/input impedance, it's all a huge conspiracy to fool people.

Start saving, sounds like you want to experiment.

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #4,709 of 4,971
How tedious these "there's no audible difference" arguments are. And they seem to spring up like weeds on forums everywhere. Just saw the same BS in a "discussion" about the SubDude Iso Platform. Sigh. I guess that's life on the internet, where every opinion - no matter how stupid - gets heard. Life without editors to keep out the riffraff.

Anyway, what does this have to do with the Vali? Any moderators out there?

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #4,710 of 4,971
How tedious these "there's no audible difference" arguments are. And they seem to spring up like weeds on forums everywhere. Just saw the same BS in a "discussion" about the SubDude Iso Platform. Sigh. I guess that's life on the internet, where every opinion - no matter how stupid - gets heard. Life without editors to keep out the riffraff.

Anyway, what does this have to do with the Vali? Any moderators out there?

Perhaps the moderators/editors would be more interested in your resorting to name calling and attempts of stiffling other people's opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back