NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #4,711 of 4,971
New Yorker said:
New Yorker
 "there's no audible difference"

The original question asked for a comparison between the Vali and the Asgard 2. Two of us that actually own both units expressed the opinion, based on our experience,  that there is no audible diifference.

If you would like to purchase the units and do your own testing,  you are free to do so, and then express your own opinion.

Cheers,

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #4,712 of 4,971
No audible difference despite one being tube, one being solid state, different prices from the same company.

Yeah, Schiit may as well just stop selling one, since they're identical.

Let's just make it easy for all the consumers out there.

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #4,714 of 4,971
No audible difference despite one being tube, one being solid state, different prices from the same company.

Yeah, Schiit may as well just stop selling one, since they're identical.

Let's just make it easy for all the consumers out there.

Sounds good to me.
So when you can't identify the property you resort to sarcasm. Nice.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #4,715 of 4,971
We listen to circuits, not wires with gain.

I would get a kick out of you trying to convince people that bought a Ragnorok it's no different sounding than your Magni. Or a Bottlehead Crack. Or DNA Stratus.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #4,716 of 4,971
We listen to circuits, not wires with gain.

I would get a kick out of you trying to convince people that bought a Ragnorok it's no different sounding than your Magni. Or a Bottlehead Crack. Or DNA Stratus.

Human beings have perceptual limits, once exceeded one cannot tell a difference. That's a hard fact. If you wish to spend a more, go right ahead, that's your decision. Technology improves, but we're still pretty much the same. One can pay more for botique products by small companies that do not manufacture efficiently or not, that's everyone's personal descision.
Have you done an proper comparison of two amps as per the price spread using an A/B switch? Everyone that I know that has done an honest comparison came away wide eyed as to hearing no differences. I've had friends with multi thousand dollar amps comparing to an Asgard 2 come away surprised.
Other than headphones, I got rid of Amps and DACs that are overpriced and do not deliver noticeable improvements. Headphones I give away to family and friends.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #4,717 of 4,971
Does a Vali and Mjolnir count? If so the answer is yes and they are instantly recognizable to us at a gathering.

Edit: and the Valhalla was instantly recognizable also.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #4,718 of 4,971
Does a Vali and Mjolnir count? If so the answer is yes and they are instantly recognizable to us at a gathering.

Edit: and the Valhalla was instantly recognizable also.

Yep at a noisy gathering where a proper comparison cannot be done and where many are expecting to hear certain results and thus may think so. Heck I'm not forcing you to believe any different than you are, get whatever you fancy.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #4,721 of 4,971
Yeah, and gathered to listen. Hard to believe? You can look in the Ohio area and find we did it often.

Thanks for the go ahead Stan. I wasn't sure.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #4,722 of 4,971
Yeah, and gathered to listen. Hard to believe? You can look in the Ohio area and find we did it often.

Thanks for the go ahead Stan. I wasn't sure.

A silent gathering of audiophiles, never heard of that before.
Yeah go for it, spending is good for the GDP.
I don't see anyone identifying the magical property yet.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #4,724 of 4,971
Stan, circuit topologies, odd/even harmonic distortions, etc. All well documented on this Internet thing. You're practically trolling. Hence my crusade comment. Must tell everyone they're wrong!

Phishin Phool (lol), I'm in Columbus. There's a good gang up by you. They came down a bunch of times.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #4,725 of 4,971
Stan, circuit topologies, odd/even harmonic distortions, etc. All well documented on this Internet thing. You're practically trolling. Hence my crusade comment. Must tell everyone they're wrong!

Phishin Phool (lol), I'm in Columbus. There's a good gang up by you. They came down a bunch of times.

While you're getting technical, study up on Just Detectable Distortion (JDD). You can find proper research from the AES, James Noir and many others, the lowest numbers are around 0.3%, many others are much higher. Some of the reading is very technical with good details as to the methodologies used for testing. That's just the tip of the iceberg on being human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back