NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Dec 21, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #4,368 of 4,971
  I want to have an idea of the way this amp sounds because I live in Brazil and if I buy Vali, it's gonna take a long to arrive and shipping cost is a bit high in case I don't like it.

you wouldn't be able to tell that way, whatever is sampled will will sound like whatever you are listening with

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #4,369 of 4,971
  I want to have an idea of the way this amp sounds because I live in Brazil and if I buy Vali, it's gonna take a long to arrive and shipping cost is a bit high in case I don't like it.

The Vali is a slightly warm, slightly lush, clear sounding amp. It works best with high ohm (250 and up) headphones. Headphones with lower impedance are going to tend to be noisy on the Vali.

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #4,371 of 4,971

The Vali is a slightly warm, slightly lush, clear sounding amp. It works best with high ohm (250 and up) headphones. Headphones with lower impedance are going to tend to be noisy on the Vali.

My HE-500's aren't noisy with the Vali. It depends on the sensitivity, which many low impedance cans are not that sensitive. IEM's are in general more sensitive.

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #4,372 of 4,971
Looking at getting this, does it need running in?

I have a E7 and E17 can I sue them to get sound into this?

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #4,373 of 4,971
  Looking at getting this, does it need running in?

I have a E7 and E17 can I sue them to get sound into this?

1) If by "running in" you mean burn-in, no - not to my ears, at least,

But warm-up, yes.  I find the sound a lot more "open" and engaging about 20 minutes into my listening sessions.  Tubes and all that.  The amp gets pretty warm to the touch.  But not fry-an-egg-on-top-of-it warm like they say Asgard does.

2) Yes, just use a 1/8 to RCA cable to feed your DAP or DAC into the Vali.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #4,377 of 4,971

I have all those also. I think the Asgard has the most refined sound, too.

Great ears hear alike. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #4,380 of 4,971
  StanD and RickB, how would you describe the difference between Vali and Asgard 2 with the HD600?

The Asgard 2 has a little more power, a significantly better S/N ratio and no microphonics (if that happens to bug you).
IMO, the Vali exhibits a little bit of IMD at transients so I just looked up the specs and the:

Vali IMD: <0.45%
Asgard 2 IMD: Less than 0.010%

Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) results in tones that are not harmonically related to the musical content. Generally I'd accept THD before IMD.

If you're looking for an inexpensive tube amp, the Vali is a good deal. If you're looking for a clean sound then I would consider either the Magni 2 Uber or the Asgard 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back