NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #4,051 of 4,971
  Has anyone experience with the Vali amp and Hifiman He-500?
Does it complement each other or should i stay with Matrix M-Stage?

I'm using he560 with the vali. I would just say the sound is okay but feeling the cans need more juice to shine.

I think I'll get a lyr 2 soon to push the he560 to its limit!
tongue.gif

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #4,052 of 4,971
  I'm using he560 with the vali. I would just say the sound is okay but feeling the cans need more juice to shine.

I think I'll get a lyr 2 soon to push the he560 to its limit!
tongue.gif

Oh, thanks for your input. Hmm Lyr 2 looks also good but i wanted the vali because it doesn't cost the world and it's a tube amp.

Jul 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #4,055 of 4,971
I'm listen to FLACs on my laptop through an HD 650 powered by a Magni/Modi stack. If I swap the Magni for the new Vali, will I noticed an improvement?

I enjoy vocals, will the Vali help bring out the vocals?

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #4,056 of 4,971
  I'm listen to FLACs on my laptop through an HD 650 powered by a Magni/Modi stack. If I swap the Magni for the new Vali, will I noticed an improvement?

For the HD-650 (and my DJ100) I found the vali to be a major downgrade. However for the Q701 I felt the Vali was better. Vali might also go well with something like a DT-880/DT-990.

I guess you could try the Vali out and get rid of the loser.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #4,057 of 4,971
Driving my XC with the Vali/Bifrost Uber combo and it sounds very good. Better than the Magni (or perhaps I should say it's a different sound sig). The Vali sounded more rounded and less aggressive as compared to the Magni and it brought a slight warmth/lushness to the sound. Made bass more rounded (some may call it bloated (?) but i've always liked my bass to sound like this)

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #4,058 of 4,971

It is just different, not better or worse. It is about personal preference. I prefer Vali's tube like sound. It goes great with my HD600. 

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #4,062 of 4,971
Sounds good, how would you describe its sound?

It is very balanced, and clear, well detailed. There is good 'space', and instrument separation. I think, Vali's tubes give a little warmth to the sound. Listening to this combo feels more like you were in a cosy room sitting in an armchair, not in a studio listening to maybe more analytical sounds. If you get, what I mean... It is more 'human like', therefore it is more fun, and more enjoyable. Tubes give a special atmosphere to the music. And I like it.
 However source is important too. From my laptop it does not sound as good as from my Fiio X3. (Still not bad though...) But X3 gives more clarity, a feeling of 'higher quality' sound to the music. 
And using X3's bass and treble enhancement a little bit adds more fun. I need this extra bass, when I listen to bass heavier music.
Hope, this helped...  

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #4,063 of 4,971
Since I already own an aune t1, would it be worth an upgrade to this?

Speaking as an Aune T1 owner, the simple answer is yes. The Vali is a superior sounding amp when compared to the T1s amp section. The T1 is still fun for screwing around with different tubes though if you're into that sort of thing.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #4,064 of 4,971
I'd be curious to know if this is a good amp to use with the HD 600 using the Fiio X3 as a dac? Might get the Schiit Modi as well, but right now i'm strapped on cash.  

Also, is there a way to buy this in central Europe (i live in Italy, but i'd rather trust a German store then an Italian one, heh)? Buying directly from Schiit would add a considerable shipping charge.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back