NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Jan 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #3,121 of 4,971
  Thank you, Vali.  For taking the edge off of Elbow.  
tongue.gif

Which album(s), if I may ask? I'm quite the Elbow fan.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #3,122 of 4,971
Got my Vali last night! Bought a Modi with it and I've been testing the two together with my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80Ω. The brightness of the Modi shows but a little EQing has helped that out. The Vali isn't as warm as expected but also clearer. The units are smaller than I would've thought too!

The sound goes well with my headphones, though as far as temperature goes, it's not much of a change from my Fiio E17. However, it is also much clearer.

The ringing is very tolerable, the usual stuff (tapping, plugging in headphones, turning on and off) causes it, and it lasts for 5-10 seconds. My Vali is number 120. It seems whatever changes Schiit has made for noise work.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #3,123 of 4,971
Got my Vali last night! Bought a Modi with it and I've been testing the two together with my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80Ω. The brightness of the Modi shows but a little EQing has helped that out. The Vali isn't as warm as expected but also clearer. The units are smaller than I would've thought too!

The sound goes well with my headphones, though as far as temperature goes, it's not much of a change from my Fiio E17. However, it is also much clearer.

The ringing is very tolerable, the usual stuff (tapping, plugging in headphones, turning on and off) causes it, and it lasts for 5-10 seconds. My Vali is number 120. It seems whatever changes Schiit has made for noise work.

Where did you get your Vali from? I got mine a couple of weeks ago and the number is 786.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #3,124 of 4,971
Maybe I looked at the wrong number. Where on the model is it located?

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #3,126 of 4,971
It says
SCH12B

Manual says it's revision B

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #3,127 of 4,971
It says
SCH12B

Manual says it's revision B

Mine also has REV B printed on the manual and SCH12B on the label next to the power switch. I was just curious why my serial number was 000786. I got mine from Amazon by Amazon, they turned it around in less than 48 hours from online order to in my hands. Where did yours get yours from?

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3,128 of 4,971
Directly from Schiit.

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #3,131 of 4,971
  Which album(s), if I may ask? I'm quite the Elbow fan.

I think I have them all, but yesterday I was listening to the three that are on my phone right now:  Asleep in the Back, Build a Rocket Boys!, Leaders of the Free.  Took Cast of Thousands off last week.  When I found out about them, I couldn't believe that I didn't know about them!  Sometimes the recordings can come off a bit bright/whistling so <just> taking the edge off slightly can help with brighter phones.  Been thinking of adding some stuff to my HD800 mod.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #3,133 of 4,971
  I think I have them all, but yesterday I was listening to the three that are on my phone right now:  Asleep in the Back, Build a Rocket Boys!, Leaders of the Free.  Took Cast of Thousands off last week.  When I found out about them, I couldn't believe that I didn't know about them!  Sometimes the recordings can come off a bit bright/whistling so <just> taking the edge off slightly can help with brighter phones.  Been thinking of adding some stuff to my HD800 mod.

I found them when I bought Leaders of the Free World on a whim at a local record store, and once I heard it I quickly gathered every release I could find. Currently I have Asleep in the Back, Cast of Thousands, Leaders of the Free World, Build a Rocket Boys!, and Dead in the Boot. I think my favorite album overall is Build a Rocket Boys!, but I love Grace Under Pressure from Cast of Thousands and I think it's my favorite track. They're really quite a varied and clever rock band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back