NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #1,038 of 4,971
Sorry for not being knowledgable about hybrid amps, but if the tube goes out after lets say a year and a half, would we have to send it off to Schiit and pay to have it fixed?

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,041 of 4,971
Sorry for not being knowledgable about hybrid amps, but if the tube goes out after lets say a year and a half, would we have to send it off to Schiit and pay to have it fixed?

Correct, but they do come with a warranty. I just don't remember how long. Also, I believe Jason said the life of the tube is over 5 years, if you read back through this thread.

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,043 of 4,971
Head-Fi has been great at testing my resolve, especially when I have money to burn. Now is one of those times and the Vali is calling.

Luckily I scored a sweet deal today. I can wait for the reviews. Looking forward to those with the Mad Dogs comments.

I have the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog (and HE-400) and I just received a shipping notice for the Vali, so I should have it Wednesday, if previous patterns hold

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #1,044 of 4,971

Jason mentioned earlier in the thread that there will be servicing available.   In other words, if the tube goes out before 1 year, send it back and fixed for free (see warranty for exact details).  If after a year, send it back and fixed for a fee.

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,045 of 4,971
The details:

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,046 of 4,971
I'm definitely going to wait for feedback especially regarding the use of the Vali with headphones that range from 30Ohm to 100Ohms...

So, please chime in with your set-ups once you start receiving them! :wink:

I tried the prototype at the SD show. It was fully capable of driving HD 800 well into the Hearing Loss Zone.

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #1,049 of 4,971
  Ordered with Modi :)

Good idea. More people should do this. I'm sure it will be a good combo. I have the Modi here already to try it with.

FYI if anyone that cares, I ordered mine on Monday at around 10:30am PST (I think) and got a shipping notice at 3:20 today.
I kind of wish I spent the money for next day delivery! Probably will get it on Friday.

LOL I bet for Thanksgiving Jason will be like that guy at the end of the credits of "Planes, Trains and Automobiles". Go watch it if you haven't.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back