NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 26, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #1,025 of 4,971

Time can't go fast enough 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 26, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #1,026 of 4,971

Time can't go fast enough 
rolleyes.gif

No Kidding, it is even worse for me as I have to save up for it! I wish I could be one of the lucky ones who could purchase it now! Congrats to all who were able to get it ordered already!

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #1,027 of 4,971
I received my Magni a few days ago and just ordered a Vali. I put my order for the Magni before I even knew the Vali existed. Otherwise, I might have just gone with the Vali.

I hope they both have their strengths so that I don't regret buying the Magni. In truth, I've always loved tube sound, so we'll see.

I've only listened to the Magni for about an hour so far. Sounds good, but slightly dry and without that bloom and liquidity that tubes or really good solid state have. Can anyone tell me if the Magni will improve with further use?

For $99, it still seems like a good deal, so I'll probably keep it. I hope it can still play a role in my gear collection once the Vali gets here.

On spec alone, can anyone say whether the Magni is more suited to driving the HE-500 than the Vali? Of course we'll all know very shortly, but what do you think?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/685162/new-vali-schiit-amp/540#post_9930077

And yes, the Vali will struggle a little with the HE-500's as they are not quite as efficient at the LCD's.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #1,029 of 4,971
In case y'all didn't know, the Vali is out now.

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #1,030 of 4,971
In case y'all didn't know, the Vali is out now.

SHHHHH don't tell everyone I'm still deciding if my wallet is willing to give in. This is tough, I own an A2 already and I've only heard the Vali once at a meet...

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #1,031 of 4,971
I'm definitely going to wait for feedback especially regarding the use of the Vali with headphones that range from 30Ohm to 100Ohms...

So, please chime in with your set-ups once you start receiving them! :wink:

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,033 of 4,971
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685162/new-vali-schiit-amp/540#post_9930077

And yes, the Vali will struggle a little with the HE-500's as they are not quite as efficient at the LCD's.

OK, thank you. Didn't see your comparison the first time around

Well, it falls into that classic tube vs solid state sound comparison. Tubes: warm, smooth sound with liquid mids and highs but looser, muddier bass. Solid state: good control of bass and more neutral sounding, but relatively drier and stiffer sounding.

Of course, both can sound awesome as you get into the better examples of each type. But sounds about right generally.

I'm a big tube fan myself, so I'm thinking the Vali will be right up my alley. But I'll probably hang onto the Magni to use with my warmer sounding cans.

I'm really curious to see if folks start trying various solutions to tame the microphonics in the tubes. Like apply some sort of damping material, etc. In my experience, doing that sort of thing can make a difference in the sound, for better or worse.

I'm correct that the Vali has a tubed input stage, but that the output stage is solid state?

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,035 of 4,971
Vali shipped! Though I won't be getting it next monday due to the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back