NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Aug 1, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4,126 of 4,971
  What can you do, i live in a country of thieves. 

BTW, this thing gets pretty warm after a while. Would it be a good idea to try to find some cooling solution? Has anybody done something like that? 

Warm? If you want to heat your home, get an Asgard 2. I wouldn't worry about, it's not hot, just warm.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #4,130 of 4,971
  I've had the HE-400 for two years now and am happy with the treble when using things like the Fiio E17 and the Little Dot MKIII. It's just that the Magni and Modi themselves are naturally treble-heavy.

Yes Magni + Modi can be bright depending upon your computer USB port. Wyrd+Modi+Vali is fantastic and not bright at all. Both Wyrd and Vali help with smoother and laid back treble.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #4,131 of 4,971

Yes Magni + Modi can be bright depending upon your computer USB port. Wyrd+Modi+Vali is fantastic and not bright at all. Both Wyrd and Vali help with smoother and laid back treble.

I don't see how the Wryd should affect the FR or SQ other than putting some control over noise or glitches.
The below is what Schiit says about the Wyrd, their own product.

Sonic benefits? That’s a lot of hoo-ha!
You’re right. There’s no reason this should make any system sound better. Although we can measure the difference in USB power supply noise, it really shouldn’t matter. Despite this, some listeners have said that there are sonic benefits from using Wyrd. Us, we remain Swiss on the matter—we don’t do the hard sell by promising sonic nirvana.

Aug 2, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,132 of 4,971
Hey!

I just ordered my first pair of nice headphones and an amp. I went with Sennheiser HD 558s and a Schiit Vali. I plan on picking up a Schiit Modi near the end of the month.

I keep going back and forth about picking up the Magni instead of the Vali. I've never had an amp before so I have no experience. I really appreciate large sound stages and I listen to a wide variety of music but I hate overpowering bass. I do see myself upgrading in the future and I know I will get some closed headphones for school/smash tournaments (although this will be on my phone primarily so the amp will probably not be used with the closed headphones). The small hum at the start doesn't concern me much unless I can hear it after a minute or so but I am worried about the tubes decaying, the amps clarity (I love videogames), and how it will fair with further headphone upgrades.

Any advice / thoughts would be much appreciated

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,138 of 4,971
Can someone say if the Schiit Vali is a good match for the Beyer T1? I know its supposed to be great with HD800 and the T1/HD800 do similar in many ways so im hoping that the Vali/T1 would be a good pairing. 

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who will be using the Modi as a DAC. 

I know there are a  lot of good amps out there for T1 (i own the WA2) but my friend is just looking for a good amp to start off with and hopefully the Vali will be up to the task. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #4,140 of 4,971
  It's excellent with my T90.

That's a good sign...... 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back