New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Sep 15, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #481 of 644
Congrats for two of you with your new UM 3 DD
This very good SQ , very clear , detail very good bass impact nod detail
I like it very much my 3 DD

I do not have my 3DD.  I paid for a 3DD hours after the ordering went live.  I explained I was in a country where impresssions would be difficult and I was told they'd hold my space in the queue.  Admittedly my impressions did not arrive at their office until the 26th or so of July.

Communication with UM Global has been sporadic at best.  At times they will answer immediately, other times (if they don't like your question) they fail to answer or take over a week to do so.

They do not upgrade the status of your order on their page.  Side note:  Even after I'd paid I had to ask them for a reciept, it seems my order was overlooked.

Now I'm told I must wait until some time in October.  This won't work for me because by the time they send the 3DD I will be visiting another country where mail and courier service is not too trustworthy.

I have sent two mails to UM Global asking if they can speed the process slightly for me as I paid back in May.  That was earlier in the week and they have yet to respond.  If there is no response by tomorrow I will send another mail asking for my order to be cancelled and write off the loss of impressions/shipping I have already spent.

To date this has been a miserable experience full of poor communication, unfulfilled promises and ridiculous delays.  If the issues continue I will post all of my correspendence for everyone on Head Fi to witness.

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #482 of 644
Damn it looks like they are dealing quite awkwardly with the production of these. And it seems that with UM, if you are not dealing with Stephen Guo, who's communication is excellent, there is always crap communication. So just as a reminder to companies out there: ANSWERING YOUR CLIENTS' EMAILS IN A TIMELY MANNER IS NOT OPTIONAL. Especially when said customer paid 500+ and waited for months.

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #483 of 644
Damn it looks like they are dealing quite awkwardly with the production of these. And it seems that with UM, if you are not dealing with Stephen Guo, who's communication is excellent, there is always crap communication. So just as a reminder to companies out there: ANSWERING YOUR CLIENTS' EMAILS IN A TIMELY MANNER IS NOT OPTIONAL. Especially when said customer paid 500+ and waited for months.

Well I had been dealing with Stephen, no language issue or whatsoever but the key is their production is way behind and even Stephen is NOT confident when is the next batch and gave me a "maybe Oct/Nov?" response. I am actually a bit pissed off to be honest. And mine is just a simple universal version.

I am typically quite patient for these toys but this experience is really testing me..... :frowning2:

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #484 of 644
I do not have my 3DD.  I paid for a 3DD hours after the ordering went live.  I explained I was in a country where impresssions would be difficult and I was told they'd hold my space in the queue.  Admittedly my impressions did not arrive at their office until the 26th or so of July.

Communication with UM Global has been sporadic at best.  At times they will answer immediately, other times (if they don't like your question) they fail to answer or take over a week to do so.

They do not upgrade the status of your order on their page.  Side note:  Even after I'd paid I had to ask them for a reciept, it seems my order was overlooked.

Now I'm told I must wait until some time in October.  This won't work for me because by the time they send the 3DD I will be visiting another country where mail and courier service is not too trustworthy.

I have sent two mails to UM Global asking if they can speed the process slightly for me as I paid back in May.  That was earlier in the week and they have yet to respond.  If there is no response by tomorrow I will send another mail asking for my order to be cancelled and write off the loss of impressions/shipping I have already spent.

To date this has been a miserable experience full of poor communication, unfulfilled promises and ridiculous delays.  If the issues continue I will post all of my correspendence for everyone on Head Fi to witness.

Well I had been dealing with Stephen, no language issue or whatsoever but the key is their production is way behind and even Stephen is NOT confident when is the next batch and gave me a "maybe Oct/Nov?" response. I am actually a bit pissed off to be honest. And mine is just a simple universal version.

I am typically quite patient for these toys but this experience is really testing me..... :frowning2:

I am so sorry to hear your case , I hope Unique Melody see your post here and can do faster your order before you fly to other country.
Good luck

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #485 of 644

I am typically quite patient for these toys but this experience is really testing me.....
frown.gif

Couldn't agree more. Initially we were told should be done July, then August, then Stephen said my order was on track for Mid September delivery, well here we are and still haven't heard a thing.

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #486 of 644
I got a a response that they cannot speed my build.  I get the feeling that the people who took the order have no idea what is going on in China where the CIEMs are made.  Unique Melody appears to have communication (and other) issues throughout the company.

I question the morality of their continuing to accept orders when they're not able to fulfill those they already have in a timely manner.

Today I will attempt to cancel my order and obtain a refund.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #487 of 644
I understand your frustration and would have cancelled my order as well. The lab has been pounded with orders since April and has been refusing $ for rush orders. I am under the impression that the lab is unable (unwilling?) to give resellers a realistic lead time. Maybe for fear that it will cool off potential customers? It's a shame because the UM representative in the country I live in is 100% dedicated to his customers.

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #490 of 644
I love my UM 3 DD more and more after burn in

If you pair with synergy Source and Amp , SQ is excellent

Source : Iphone 4s
Amp : Ko Jo KM 01
Iems : Unique Melody 3 DD
Cable : DIY Van Den Hul Tone Arm Cable for Phono LOD to mini Via Blue

High : very detail , airy , clean and very clear, transparant
Mid : so sweet and clean 
Bass : very good Bass Speed and very good Bass Impoact and detail and Clean Bass
Separation: very good that you can hear where the instrument placement
Soundsatge : very wide and Toll and very good depth too

Sq ; like Bookshelf speaker

this mny personal opinion

Note : very good iem must plus very good Customer Support
beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #492 of 644
Last I check Hong Kong is in Asia and even part of China but I still don't have my 3DD nor a committed timeline :frowning2:

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #494 of 644
It is not so good customer service , if they not so response to customer email and question.

I love my UM 3 DD more and more , this is really the best from UM line that I have ever heard , it is better than my UM Miracle.

If you find the best synergy , like pair with my Ko Jo KM - 01.

Source : IPhone 4 s with WAV music file
Amp : Ko Jo KM - 01
Iem : UM 3 DD
Cable : Lod to,USB diy Van Den Hul Tone Arm Cable

High : very smooth detail , clean clear high , clarity top notch, not extended but this is correct highs
So reel in your ear

Mid .: the best mid I ever heard from iem so clear , thick sweet and clean tube like midrange
So intimate that I won't stop to hear my music

Bass : very deep and very good impact and very good detail too

Separation : very good that we can imagine where the instrument placement

Soundstage : like in small concert hall

Overall : 3 DD with Ko Jo KM - 01 have very good synergy to each other , my source is only
iPhone 4 S alone , if you plus External I Device Dac , you become more accurate .

My personal impression

It is pity so kind very excellent UM 3 DD , if the customer service is not good

Minus : only the connector loose from them self , the rest is really excellent SQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back