New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Aug 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #436 of 644
With Unique Melody you never know what they're doing.  Anyone reading this thread will quickly realize that.  First there's a discount, then there isn't a discount then there's a discount again.  Originally the 3DD had recessed sockets and a standard cable, now it has extruded sockets and what might be a proprietary cable.  It'll be released.... when?  It's released but UM can't handle their workload and we're stuck waiting many extra months.

I'm a touch disenchanted.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #437 of 644
Quote:
at the very least, having to pay 200 to upgrade to custom mades 0 sense to me when the charge for custom re-shell from any iem is 165.

confused.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #438 of 644
Aug 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #439 of 644
^ the reshell pricing was changed few months ago. It's now nearly 250$ in some countries. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #440 of 644
Quote:
Ok sorry let me clarify.

I asked Stephen if I can upgrade my order of universal 3DD to customs. He said sure, I would have to wire him 200 dollars in order to do so. Basically paying 200 to re-shell something that has yet to be made. But they offer re-shell of any iem for 165 dollars. 

http://www.custom-iem.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=622

does it kinda make sense now? sorry for the typos!

i understood what you meant, the smilie meant im confused about why they will want that too

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #441 of 644
Quote:

i understood what you meant, the smilie meant im confused about why they will want that too

Despite Stephen being really awesome to deal with, I feel like the company, as a whole, is terribly operated. Safe to say, unless 3DD blows me outta the water or they offer some sorta insane product in the future, I'll look at other companies when it comes time to purchase my next ciems

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #442 of 644
Quote:
Despite Stephen being really awesome to deal with, I feel like the company, as a whole, is terribly operated. Safe to say, unless 3DD blows me outta the water or they offer some sorta insane product in the future, I'll look at other companies when it comes time to purchase my next ciems

well is it me or does it seem like they don't have such positive reviews concerning the sound? based on what I read on this thread, it doesn't seem like that many people think the 3DD blow them out of water...

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #443 of 644
Ok so I received my 3DD a couple of weeks ago. Here are some pics:

Ok so here are some VERY PRELIMINARY IMPRESSIONS, to be taken with a pinch of paprika, because I have been quite busy, and just listen for and hour or so. I have not changed the magnet bass filters, so I am using the default (068, corresponding to +6db bass). The other two are respectively 100 (+3db) and 088 (+0db). Do not ask me about these codes, I do not know. I am listening out of the AK120 with 1.32. These need quite some volume....on the AK120, volume 40 is a minimum, whereas 30 is sufficient on the 1Plus2.

With this filter, the 3DD has a bass boosted sig (not too excessive surprisingly, I am thinking the 088 might be bass light...and I am not a bass head). The sound sig is rather dry / bright sounding to my ears.

Pros:
  1. Good clarity in the mids and in general
  2. Fast iem, works well with modern fast paced music
  3. Nice punchy bass with a nice air movement and reverb effect
  4. Quite wide and airy soundstage
  5. The clarity and brightness bring details out pretty well

Cons:
  1. The triple dynamic make them huge (easily larger than the 1Plus2) so the fit is not easy
  2. The aesthetics are a bit disappointing...I was expecting my colors to be a bit more vivid
  3. The 3DD are fairly harsh sounding, prone to some sibilance, All this may evolve with burn in or depending on source, but they could do with more smoothness.
  4. A bit thin sounding in the mids.
  5. The soundstage is quite wide but lacks some depth

Overall, this iem sounds nice and fun at this price point. They will be good performers if some burn in / tip rolling / cable rolling can take out some of the harshness.

The sound sig is the 1plus2 type, but of course, not performing on the same level (it would be crazy at less than half the price). They are the opposite of the Heir 5.0 with it's smooth sound and rich mids.

I might have a little problem with the left socket, so I might need to send them back, so I will say more in a few weeks.

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #444 of 644
I just received My UM 3 DD today

I World like say Thank you to Michael Mimoille For Your help

The impression out The box more or less like Mimoille above

After Burn In i Will post My impression

Out The box sound quality is very Good For The price range.
Very Good clarity
Very Good separation
Very Good detail
Very clean detail bass

Is a bit Power hungry , 3 DD need An amp to make better SQ

Note :

It is Strange UM give totally 16 Paris ear tips double flange With The same Size
That not fit properly Insite My ear canals
I use ortofon ear tips from My 1+2 fit better to My ear canals.

Here are out The box pictures :

Source : iPhone 4s
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 Limited Ediyiin op amp 627 SM
Iem : um. 3 DD
Cable : Venture Craft LE Edition

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #445 of 644
just how big are these? im really interested but my ears are MINISCULE and im quite worried that they wont fit well in my ears.

Can anyone who own these possibly post a pic of them next to some other over the ear headphones like westones or heirs or UE 900s?

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #446 of 644

Very Good clarity
Very Good separation
Very Good detail
Very clean detail bass

Note :

It is Strange UM give totally 16 Paris ear tips double flange With The same Size

(Sorry for photo omission)

Hi, are you from Hong Kong? As I noticed that ECT sticker on that plastic wrap. And how would you compare the 3dd to ex1000?I wanted a replacement for ex1000 with better isolation since I own it...

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #447 of 644

Very Good clarity
Very Good separation
Very Good detail
Very clean detail bass

Note :

(Sorry for photo omission)

Hi, are you from Hong Kong? As I noticed that ECT sticker on that plastic wrap. And how would you compare the 3dd to ex1000?I wanted a replacement for ex1000 with better isolation since I own it...

No My Friend forwarder company is In Hong Kong
Compare to ex 1000 , UM 3 DD is more open and better detail .
My UM 3 DD is universal iem , but The seal is better than My ex 1000.

Msybe you can try at Jaben or Kingsound In Hong Kong .

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #448 of 644
just how big are these? im really interested but my ears are MINISCULE and im quite worried that they wont fit well in my ears.

Can anyone who own these possibly post a pic of them next to some other over the ear headphones like westones or heirs or UE 900s?

Tomorrow i Will post The pictures compare to UM 3 X and Westone W 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back