New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Jul 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #422 of 644
I'm pleased to see they're finally shipping them out.  I'm not sure if the new cable/connection is a good or bad thing.  If someone who already has their 3DD wants to weigh in it would make for interesting reading.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #424 of 644
What are the BAs? My only comparison is my previous re-shelled triplefi 10. 

Pros:
Sound stage is pretty good.
Clarity is as usual, awesome
Finished product looks pretty sleek.

Cons:
Bass is not as strong as i expected
The new cable socket is a failed design. The cable comes off easily with a slight tug and it results to a very unpleasant experience. Imagine you are in a train and you needed.to adjust the iem, and the cable comes off. Happened to me a few times already. The silver I cable I bought from Stephen cannot be used. See the pictures attached, it pokes out far too much. 

Second, the magnets that comes with the iems that are used for controlling the bass comes off pretty easily when it sticks itself to a metal surface. This usually happens when I keep the iems in my bag and coincidentally both magnets touch each other. When I separate them, one of it will come off. 

I hope UM fixes the issues above and i'll send my IEM back for a "repair".

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #425 of 644
Triple dynamic!!

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #426 of 644
Genexis,

Have you contact Stephen?? I'm interested in his response. Sounds quite problematic, we might all need to send it back for repairs. But they can only repair it if they admit it's a problem.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #428 of 644
NO need for elephant ears. They fit the same with all other UM IEMs.
I'm working with stephen on the MKV silver cables, to see if i can get it replaced or refunded. It cannot be used for the new UM socket.

I'll update again.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #429 of 644
I'm concerned about the connection becoming detached. I often get my cables caught in something. I asked Stephen few weeks ago about the cables, he assured me it would work. Hopefully you can get your money back.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #430 of 644
Wait... let me get this clear:
1) Sonic MKV cables that bundles with the 3DD, attaches itself very firmly. The problem with it is that it protrudes WAY TOO MUCH, resulting in the cable not being able to wrap around your ear nicely, and its freakishly ugly.

2) The stock cables that comes with the 3DD are the ones that are lose and comes off easily. Its pins are way too short.

Aug 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #433 of 644
Quote:
I wish they'd move a little quicker than that.  Sighs.

no kidding. I believe back when the pre-order was happening, the ETA from Stephen was mid June I believe. 

On another note, I inquired about the possibly of upgrading to custom since I got the universals to save time. At least I thought I was as they stated "no need for long periods of waiting time! " I thought I would only have to cover the difference between universals and custom, which is 100. but Stephen told me I would have to pay 200 additional for custom because I paid a special price. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me. price difference is 100, and at the time of the preorder, it was 80 dollars difference. Not sure why, all of a sudden, it's 200 to do custom. In fact, the price of a re-shell is only 165. The fact that the universals isn't even made yet would make the "re-shell" even simpler.

Anyways, just doesn't make sense to me.

end of rant! (that's what happens when you're forced to wait forever!)

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #434 of 644
Quote:
no kidding. I believe back when the pre-order was happening, the ETA from Stephen was mid June I believe. 

On another note, I inquired about the possibly of upgrading to custom since I got the universals to save time. At least I thought I was as they stated "no need for long periods of waiting time! " I thought I would only have to cover the difference between universals and custom, which is 100. but Stephen told me I would have to pay 200 additional for custom because I paid a special price. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me. price difference is 100, and at the time of the preorder, it was 80 dollars difference. Not sure why, all of a sudden, it's 200 to do custom. In fact, the price of a re-shell is only 165. The fact that the universals isn't even made yet would make the "re-shell" even simpler.

Anyways, just doesn't make sense to me.

end of rant! (that's what happens when you're forced to wait forever!)

I don't see your rant as unreasonable though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back