New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival 2013
Oct 26, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #31 of 339
So they Looks very very Nice!but 3500 euros????to High but THIS is my opinion!

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #32 of 339
  The price is 470,000 Japanese Yen ($5000 USD)

555 sets limited

http://www.timelord.co.jp/brand/products/ultrasone/edition/edition5/

What!?!? Are you kidding me?? For that?!?!?! No freaking way. If those prices are true Ultrasone has lost me as a customer forever. There has to come a point where this crap gets ridicules and we say enough. How the hell do they justify that price? There better be bits of Black Rhino and T-Rex eggs in that piece... Ridicules

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #33 of 339
God, what a crazy price. Should go out and buy a L3000 or Sony R10 with that kind of cash. 5k for a closed can is a insane amount of money. Will be interesting to see how much better it is over the ED8. Were seeing the desire for companies to just exuberantly price these models, and if silly people get sucked in to buy we will end up in speaker types of price inflating.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #34 of 339
I thought JPS were crazy with Abyss priced at 5450$ Oh boy I was wrong! 555 sets quantity doesn't even seem limited to me. C'mon, Ultrasone, bring some Edition 1s' - one and only, just for 100000$! 

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #35 of 339
Must have asked themselves............can we price them at $5000 and sell out our stock? 

And they could clearly see that the answer is...............yes.

People will buy them, regardless. AND it'll sure get people talking about them too!!

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #36 of 339
No such thing as affordable high-end headphones now, if we keep milking these companies like this they will only release overpriced crap higher and higher. 

I'm guessing we'll be seeing $500000 headphones in the next 3 years.

Oct 26, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #37 of 339
Yes, Sopp is correct, this junk is priced at 5000 US dollars, hope this turn out to be epic fail for ultrasone, i rather buy stax than this junk. But unfortunately ultrasone will still sell all 555 units because the japanese LOVE them.

Oct 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #38 of 339
Sorry guys, even though I also never could afford it, I don't think the high price makes them junk. Let us see what of the new design flows into affordable cans and then test those. This one is so ecpensive to avoid that Tyll Hertsens gets them to test and destroy them.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #39 of 339
Yes, Sopp is correct, this junk is priced at 5000 US dollars, hope this turn out to be epic fail for ultrasone, i rather buy stax than this junk. But unfortunately ultrasone will still sell all 555 units because the japanese LOVE them.

Well these are marketed for a smaller niche crowd rather than your slightly above average audiophile crowd you mostly see here. What's really piking the price that high is the fact that Ultrasone is making a limited amount only, exactly what they did with the Limited Edition 9 which can sell more than a Limited Edition 8.

Sorry guys, even though I also never could afford it, I don't think the high price makes them junk. Let us see what of the new design flows into affordable cans and then test those. This one is so ecpensive to avoid that Tyll Hertsens gets them to test and destroy them.

Tyll better be fast, these are Limited.

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #40 of 339
So i think everyone can make his own opinion about THIS PHONES!!here more Pics FOR you Guys!nomax :)

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #41 of 339
So the buffer board is now a horn and a separate peice is fitted to it with holes that resemble a typical grado driver screen instead of being on half the circle there by reducing the s logic directivity that used to be there reason for existing. There entry into In ear also confirms drifting away from what made ultrasone safer hearing,and uniq ability to split up the drivers frequency bands giving more space for the frequencys to blend before reaching the ear wich was designed to strike the ear lobe at certain exact spots, according to the dr. Who began the research that ultrasone used to be based on. If ultrasone can correct me if I am wrong?

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #42 of 339
The inside Look of the TITAN DRIVERS is very Nice!is the Price worth?

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #43 of 339
Sadly it seems in the head-fi industry the sky is becoming the limit when it comes to price however performance is almost never justifying the price. 

No headphone cost that much to make and if you cannot keep the R&D low than it means you need to hire better design team.

Thanks for the news, interested to see who buys it. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #44 of 339
Sadly it seems in the head-fi industry the sky is becoming the limit when it comes to price however performance is almost never justifying the price. 

No headphone cost that much to make and if you cannot keep the R&D low than it means you need to hire better design team.

Thanks for the news, interested to see who buys it. 
so i am not Big fan of the Last two editions!(12&10)but i love my Edition 9 &8 VERRY much!i am a Collector and will buy THIS ONE and give ultrasone a last Chance!!

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #45 of 339
Well then, go Nomax go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back