NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
May 3, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #617 of 1,275

Just in, P5/Uber with the Dignus case! Running in right now....

May 3, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #618 of 1,275
Has anyone heard all 3 latest Tralucent IEM's paired with Tera and would be so kind to provide some feedback?
I currently have both the original 1p2 and Ref1 and am very happy with both but have been wandering which of the new IEM may be the best upgrade (if that's even possible) specifically with Tera.
I know in the past the BA's were typically reported to not work that well with Tera so I'm curious if P5 really could be even better with Tera than the more traditional Tralucent designs?

P5 brings out the best in Tera Player...like peanut butter and jelly :relieved:...I like 1+2.2 with Tera Player too which is my usual pairing as the 1+2.2 is terminated single ended while the P5 is balanced.

May 3, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #620 of 1,275

I also have a Tera, and am interested in the Plus 5.  Gavin, how do I order? 

Oh dear...

You set up an account to say that but cannot PM me!

I feel privileged
ksc75smile.gif

I cannot say much more unfortunately due to status........

May 3, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #621 of 1,275
I also have a Tera, and am interested in the Plus 5.  Gavin, how do I order? 

Send Gavin a pm to place an order. It's a quick and easy, painless process, I promise. :wink: You are in excellent hands, Gavin is a great guy.

Trust me, I'm a pretty good customer. Much better than that H20 guy I forget his exact screen name. :wink:

May 4, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #625 of 1,275
I thought I read someone reporting the P5 Tera combination, but can't say for certain.

Heheh! Ancient history now but I did a report for Musicday:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/798088/new-tralucent-audio-plus5-ba-iem/15

Here you go... :)

May 4, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #626 of 1,275
May 4, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #627 of 1,275
You guys crack me up! :joy:

Still too early for me, much more coffee required and too many sleeping tablets. a Plus5 would sure help about now too.

Later, I'll tell you about the new feature screening coming soon titled: Uncle Gavin and Guigui Kiats.

You all wanna to stay up for that one. 
wink.gif

May 4, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #628 of 1,275
May 4, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #630 of 1,275
So I've had a loaner/demo Plus5 (along with the 1Plus2.2) with me for the past 11 days and having listening to them whenever I have a spare moment. I've tried it with a few different DAPs & DAC/Amps - demo AK380, Aurender Flow, AK380Cu with/without amp, etc.

The Plus5 (off the Uber Too cable BTW) has a large depth and height spacious, and organic-like sound with a very holographic presentation. It's definitely very smooth and non-fatiguing. Compared to the MH335DW-SR, the FitEar does feel somewhat flatter but wider left/right separation. Tralucent has managed to create this concert hall-like effect with the Plus5 as with its other Tralucent offerings. At least to my ears it's not so much of a "sterile" studio recording but more a live musical hall.

Frequency response-wise, the Plus5 has a slightly more toned down trebles than the MH335DW-SR. Midrange to upper-midrange-wise, the Plus5 edged by being a little bit more forefront than the MH335DW, similarly with the midbass region. In the sub bass region, the MH335DW-SR's "DW" (Double Woofer) is very prevalent however the Plus5 is not slouch. It's sub bass is somewhat slightly tighter than the MH335DW-SR's.

Compared to my K10 CIEM, the K10 feels like a "lighter" overall signature. The Plus5's and MH335DW-SR's bass quantity edges out. But one should bear in mind that I do feel my K10 CIEM doesn't sound like the K10U Aluminums.

Final thoughts, I think the Plus5 benefits from amping from clean power. Although slight but still noticeable the AK380Cu + amp (or even really just the regular AK380 with amp), the big sound seems to be produced somewhat more effortlessly without any strain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back