NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
May 4, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #646 of 1,275

Haha! In my little group of head fi friends here in Singapore, the few who have heard both the 2.2 and the Plus5 are divided as to which they prefer. Though they admit that both musical presentations are clearly enjoyable.

Which is why I'm so glad I wasn't put in the impossible position of having to choose... :speak_no_evil:

In fact, I recall there are a fair number here who have more than one Tralucent IEM... So, I am not alone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ideally one owns both. To add a little more details to the scenario, I'd emphasise more on the Plus5's re-creation of the musical hall. With Plus5 it's easier to gauge the depth of the stage - where each instrument is placed and how far back. Whereas the 1Plus2.2 is more like a recording studio - precise and clinical. Different genre and different moods would desire different signatures. The Plus5 is non-fatiguing and one could listen for hours and hours, whereas the the 1Plus2.2 seems more exciting and gripping.

Is one more "When Harry Met Sally" type or more "Robocop" type :wink:. OK bad analogy!!

May 4, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #648 of 1,275

Ideally one owns both. To add a little more details to the scenario, I'd emphasise more on the Plus5's re-creation of the musical hall. With Plus5 it's easier to gauge the depth of the stage - where each instrument is placed and how far back. Whereas the 1Plus2.2 is more like a recording studio - precise and clinical. Different genre and different moods would desire different signatures. The Plus5 is non-fatiguing and one could listen for hours and hours, whereas the the 1Plus2.2 seems more exciting and gripping.

Is one more "When Harry Met Sally" type or more "Robocop" type :wink:. OK bad analogy!!

Sean, you just can't hide your love of the eighties 
biggrin.gif

Music, now these films........

beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #649 of 1,275
I was thinking more along the lines of Basic Instinct... Gosh! Betraying our age... :speak_no_evil:

May 4, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #650 of 1,275
I would just like to say, and fellow head fi-er, @Semuapunmau will attest to this as he was the one who let this customer hear the plus5.

I had a customer who bought the Ref 1 with uBer Too for his Tera. This was just before the plus5 was announced and launched. He loved the combo, Tera with Ref 1 Too!!

Then he heard the plus5 uber with the Tera....:D  

Not sure the they place the order for Plus5 but if remember correctly, both husband and wife were impressed by the Plus5 with their Tera. Think the husband tried it on my Cowon PS...

I have both the 1p2.2 (with stock cable) and Plus5 (with Uber Too) and enjoy both. Both of them are just so natural in their presentation and you just get lost in enjoying the music instead of paying particular attention to the trebles, mid or the bass because they are just so coherent. YMMV of course...:slight_smile:

May 4, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #651 of 1,275
I was thinking more along the lines of Basic Instinct... Gosh! Betraying our age... :speak_no_evil:

Aren't our ages also apparent by the fact we are actually able to spend crazy amount of money on these type of toys?
wink_face.gif

I figure people had to do something right in their careers and be of certain age to able to own multiple Tralucent IEM's, and let's not even talk about Tera's or other expensive DAC's.

May 4, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #652 of 1,275

I would just like to say, and fellow head fi-er, @Semuapunmau will attest to this as he was the one who let this customer hear the plus5.

I had a customer who bought the Ref 1 with uBer Too for his Tera. This was just before the plus5 was announced and launched. He loved the combo, Tera with Ref 1 Too!!

Then he heard the plus5 uber with the Tera....
biggrin.gif

Thanks Mr bad salesman - I'm hearing the message loud and clear and I'm affraid it's going to cost me again.
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #654 of 1,275
Haha! In my little group of head fi friends here in Singapore, the few who have heard both the 2.2 and the Plus5 are divided as to which they prefer. Though they admit that both musical presentations are clearly enjoyable.

Which is why I'm so glad I wasn't put in the impossible position of having to choose... :speak_no_evil:

In fact, I recall there are a fair number here who have more than one Tralucent IEM... So, I am not alone. :)

Agree Kiats :)

May 4, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #655 of 1,275
Aren't our ages also apparent by the fact we are actually able to spend crazy amount of money on these type of toys? :wink_face:
I figure people had to do something right in their careers and be of certain age to able to own multiple Tralucent IEM's, and let's not even talk about Tera's or other expensive DAC's.

Ah... Or very indulgent parents... :yum:

May 5, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #656 of 1,275
Thanks. That's very helpful (although I should not be saying this given it will probably cost me :wink_face: ). Just to make sure I understand - the comparison was between the original Ref 1 and P5, correct?
If you happen to have access to the new Ref 1 too and also 1p2.2 it would be great to at some point hear your thoughts on how those compare to P5 when paired to Tera.

I'm now listening to the Tera Player off the 2.2. And listened to the same 3 songs referenced previously.

Is the 2.2 a great pairing with the Tera player as was its predecessor? The answer is yes yes & yes! The 2.2 has a nice sense of lushness to it. And yet crystal clear. Not a hint of sibilance with Alison Krauss. And that's quite an achievement.

Generally speaking, I would say that the Plus5 is more precise with its imaging, separation and sense of space. The 2.2 is not as unerringly precise but what it brings to the table is a lushness and slower decay in its timbre and bass. And yet retains its renounced soundstage.

There is no perceptible roll off of the trebles or bass .

Different musical presentations but either of which makes the Tera Player sound so attractive.

I am using my 2.2 with the original Uber cable. I imagine it will be even better win the Uber Too cable.

I hope this helps. :)

May 5, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #657 of 1,275
I'm now listening to the Tera Player off the 2.2. And listened to the same 3 songs referenced previously.

Is the 2.2 a great pairing with the Tera player as was its predecessor? The answer is yes yes & yes! The 2.2 has a nice sense of lushness to it. And yet crystal clear. Not a hint of sibilance with Alison Krauss. And that's quite an achievement.

Generally speaking, I would say that the Plus5 is more precise with its imaging, separation and sense of space. The 2.2 is not as unerringly precise but what it brings to the table is a lushness and slower decay in its timbre and bass. And yet retains its renounced soundstage.

There is no perceptible roll off of the trebles or bass .

Different musical presentations but either of which makes the Tera Player sound so attractive.

I am using my 2.2 with the original Uber cable. I imagine it will be even better win the Uber Too cable.

I hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks very much for quick follow up and sharing your thoughts. It looks like it's going to be even more difficult for me to choose between P5 and 2.2 (and I have decided to only get one of them, however this time also with uber). Probably will end up going with P5 since I already have the original 1p2 (and also original Ref 1).

May 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #658 of 1,275
Thanks very much for quick follow up and sharing your thoughts. It looks like it's going to be even more difficult for me to choose between P5 and 2.2 (and I have decided to only get one of them, however this time also with uber). Probably will end up going with P5 since I already have the original 1p2 (and also original Ref 1).

No worries at all. Yes, that would make sense. :)

May 5, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #659 of 1,275
I do hope that Gavin will be at the CanJam in London this august. Really want to try out the Plus5.
If it sounds as good as people described then it will be worth for us Tera Player owners.
1pus2.2, Ref1Too,Plus5 a wide difficult choice.
Does Plu5 isolate the outside noise well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back