NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Jun 20, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #916 of 1,275
After being initially not so convinced, these are growing on me. I will say more soon, but I advise anyone interested in these to not judge on first listen. They take time.

You're feeling the vibe Mimouille!

Have you a preferred source for your Plus5?

Jun 20, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #917 of 1,275
You're feeling the vibe Mimouille!

Have you a preferred source for your Plus5?
I like both Mojo and LPG. Yesterday I was chilling at home and reading and the Plus5 was perfect, in a silent environment. Today I was outside on the go and it was less optimal...the outside noise made them sound a bit muffled.

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #918 of 1,275
.... I was outside on the go and it was less optimal...the outside noise made them sound a bit muffled.

do mean that the Plus5 do not isolate well ?  Less than other IEMs ? ? 

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #921 of 1,275
The thing about isolation for universals is really a function of the choice of ear tip. If one were to choose a comply ear tip, you'd get excellent noise isolation but then you lose the highs and sparkle. If you choose a normal ear tip like Ortofon or JVC, then you have a more airy presentation, but you would sacrifice isolation as compared to the comply ear tips.

If you expect your IEM to provide excellent noise isolation, then either you try different ear tips for one which suits your needs and which had synergy with the universal, or go for a custom IEM, preferably silicone or acrylic which is filled in.

So, in the realm of universals, it is mainly the ear tips you choose that makes the difference. :)

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #922 of 1,275
Are these tralucent available anywhere, I have not find them at all.

Insights

Most of the time Tralucent is known through the forums such as this. Try reaching out to @spkrs01 who is the owner of Tralucent.

Jun 21, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #923 of 1,275
I like both Mojo and LPG. Yesterday I was chilling at home and reading and the Plus5 was perfect, in a silent environment. Today I was outside on the go and it was less optimal...the outside noise made them sound a bit muffled.

I'm not sure my sources were enough to scale Plus5 at the levels you guys are hearing them.

Seems those who get the most from them are using top-tier players.

I never did try them with the Tralucent DAC though which is quite nice regardless. 

Jun 22, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #928 of 1,275
Can't until postman returns home.

now that is a bummer

will u get it tomorrow

you know what this means to me, sell button and buy bottun are ready to trigger on your command

Users who are viewing this thread

Back