New top-of-the-line Audio Technica headphone: ATH-L3000, made from leather?!
Oct 20, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #31 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
I didn't know there was a difference, I thought all their wing system headphones had "3D Wings". If this is not the case then what headphones do have 3D Wings?

Edit: DOH! You edited while I was typing. LOL, oh well I see what you mean now. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

3phones.jpg

[size=xx-small]A1000 left, W1000 centre, W2002 right[/size]

You'll see that with the '3D wing' it's important that the pad swivels fore and aft. With the 'regular wing' not only are the arms quite flexible but absolute flat placement of the pad on the head is not critical.

A1000 features the 3D wing and you can see that the arm is solid, which is why the pad has to articuate.
wing3da1cu.jpg

The W1000 features the 'regular' wing and you can see that the arms are slender in comparison. These bend a bit.
wingregw1cu.jpg

Oct 20, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #34 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by doobooloo
data01_leftimg.jpg

OMG. This is the most beautiful pair of headphones I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing. I hope AT keeps going in this direction of the L-series and releases some "affordable" L series cans in the future (like the W1000s)...

Wow. Only if I wasn't a college student and had $2000 to spare...

I agree, I think they look awesome. Maybe not the way past AT cans have, but awesome nonetheless. Everyone needs a change every once and a while. Plus being a big baseball fan, I don't mind them looking like some kind of glove/ball leather hybrid. Now if I could only buy a pair, and have them signed by Bonds...

Oct 20, 2003 at 10:42 PM Post #37 of 98
not half bad looking.. but the brown-ish leather does make them look too much like a pair of gloves or worse.. a bloody cricket ball - that was my first though anyway.. who sliced up an old cricket ball for that thing...

a nice creamy colour would have looked much better imo

Oct 20, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #39 of 98
Hmm... the new look isn't bad, but I much prefer the look of my W2002. Now, the question is how much better will they sound? For that kind of money, they'd need to be significantly better for me to consider them.

Oct 20, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #41 of 98
Who cares about leather? Unless they're 7 times better than the HD600, I say forget it.

Edited for inappropriate usage of language

Oct 20, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #42 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicLover
Who cares about leather? Unless they're 7 times better than the HD600, I say forget it.

YES.

$1,800...leather...that reminds me something...but what ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #44 of 98
Quote:

Well, isn't that a little much to expect of any headphone? Is Senn's own Orpheus 35 times better than their HD600? No. But I don't think that means Orpheus is a "waste", a rip-off or a lousy product, it sounds pretty frickin' amazing for what it is. Obviously, some people have paid that price for that difference, as I recall Senn is all sold out.

There's a price/performance curve in audio and a point of diminishing returns; audiophiles spend a lot of $$ endlessly chasing those incremental differences, they live for them.

Mark

Oct 21, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #45 of 98
they make me think of a big, worn out softball at first glance, but after a while they look sweet. the japanese crack me up, that flash banner is awesome! only they would have two people conversing in speech bubbles saying the things said.

random - ms word has made me stop typing using the shift key! it automatically capitalizes after punctuation, so i'm not THAT lazy. see, there ... capitalization ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back