New top-of-the-line Audio Technica headphone: ATH-L3000, made from leather?!
Oct 21, 2003 at 7:27 PM Post #76 of 98
I could use one that had a black top thingy with lightning bolts on it, and a "death star" on one side (Black Label) mit ein LS symbol and an "empire" (starwars) symbol on the other, and it'd say The Agony Scene on that side...those would slay people, they'd be Black with White leather pieces (exc. not leather).

Oct 21, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #77 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by sTaTIx
I know the premise of the leather is not sonic benefit, so it must be aiming for an aesthetic/materialistic appeal... and it fails miserably. This is one ugly-ass headphone.

you guys are whacked! this is the SEXIEST headphones i have ever seen.
biggrin.gif
Looks like you bought it at a Coach or Prada store, now that's style!!!!!!!!1

Oct 21, 2003 at 9:16 PM Post #78 of 98
The thing about well made leather goods is the feel you get from holding it, which can't be expressed from photos. I have a few Connolly items (among others custom made items) and they literally reek quality. Seeing as one of the Connolly people are involved with the L3000 project, and A-T does this 'limited edition' thing well (if a little too frequently for my liking) I don't think it will be an ugly thing for it's owners.

Like many other things, only will holding it confer it's true value to it's owner. Good luck to those who buy it, but I'll be waiting for '05 (or even late '04?)... because as sure as apples are apples, there's bound to be another 'limited edition' phone... Which will hopefully incorporate a brand new chassis.

Oct 22, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #79 of 98
Wish they had chosen black leather, or acid-washed jeans black or something like that.

I think I'll stick with my W2002's.

Oct 22, 2003 at 6:18 AM Post #80 of 98
Hahahahahaha! The "L" looks stupid! I like the wood.

Oct 22, 2003 at 9:28 AM Post #83 of 98
I prefer the look of the W2002 to this. I sure hope that this thing sound excellent.

Purk

Oct 22, 2003 at 9:30 AM Post #84 of 98
i like the look of them. they really do look like something made by coach.

Oct 22, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #86 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
BTW, who want to be the FIRST Head-Fier to review it?!?!?

I WANT to be the first Head-Fier to review but it's not f**kin' likely that I will be.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #87 of 98
For all I care, I still like the woody look better, but these ain't ugly either. Compared to a whole lot of headphones out there that is!

Reading some comments, some people sound like they think they're paying only for leather when they 'will' buy these new headphones. It sounds like these people are assuming they will sound bad, or that Audio Technica is trying to trick people into buying W2002 covered in leather. I can't really imagine a company stupid enough to triple, even quadruple the price of a product because there is a nice (or not) finish on it (except maybe Sony.. V700!
evil_smiley.gif
). Wait 'til you all hear it! Grrrr.

Oct 25, 2003 at 12:58 PM Post #89 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by headphonecrazy
Just put money on one and yes, my leatherhead will arrive on 21 Nov.
biggrin.gif

headphonecrazy,

That's great! Your profile says that you could compare it to the HD580 and the Philips HD890 - please do.

Are there any wooden Audio Technica headphones you coud compare the L3000 to? I'd love to read your review.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back