New top-of-the-line Audio Technica headphone: ATH-L3000, made from leather?!
Oct 20, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #16 of 98
I don't really like that leather-clad look, but Connolly leather colour changes over time with wear... It might end up looking pretty nice. What I don't like are those stitching seams but I suppose it was impossible to avoid if you're stretching leather over wood and you want to make it last.

In fact, I shop at Connolly near Hyde Park Corner sometimes for leather gear... cases, etc. I have some Christmas shopping to do so after the phones are released I should go and see if they know about this.

DADS on A-T phones effectively translates to a shaped piece of foam and some plastic moulding. On the W2002 it's a foam doughnut and some perforated pieces of plastic next to the driver. It really isn't a big deal... They've just given an acronym to what engineers normally do to get their phones sounding right. I hope they do a really good job with this one.

As for who'll be the first to review it, I think I'll skip this one and get whatever's coming out in 2005
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2003 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 98
I like their looks, but some one better write a heck of a review before I drop that kind of money on 'em!
eek.gif

Oct 20, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #20 of 98
hmmm...they trying to dethrone the R10 or something with that price??! Connelly leather eh?..reminds me of when Coach paired up with lexus for their interior (and gave a free coach travel bag if you bought a car...which i think is still too little considering how overpriced those things are...) Specs wise this headphone looks very promising i'd have to say...but then specs never really made the difference when it comes to headphones. The w2002 looks so much bettter too.
rolleyes.gif
<--skeptical

Oct 20, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 98
data01_leftimg.jpg

OMG. This is the most beautiful pair of headphones I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing. I hope AT keeps going in this direction of the L-series and releases some "affordable" L series cans in the future (like the W1000s)...

Wow. Only if I wasn't a college student and had $2000 to spare...

Oct 20, 2003 at 9:23 PM Post #26 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I just noticed, how come it doesn't have the "3D Wings"??...I mean, it's supposedly sturdier and more comfortable than the regular wings!!
confused.gif

Ummmm yes it does. Look closer.
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2003 at 9:36 PM Post #28 of 98
I didn't know there was a difference, I thought all their wing system headphones had "3D Wings". If this is not the case then what headphones do have 3D Wings?

Edit: DOH! You edited while I was typing. LOL, oh well I see what you mean now. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back