New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Apr 29, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,241 of 9,409
For a mac user, are there other apps for file transfer out there that are better than the android file transfer? Cause sometimes during transfer I would get the following error message:

Can't access device storage - Make sure your device is unlocked and "file transfer" or "MTP" mode is selected.

And then I would have to disconnect and close AFT and open it again.

EDIT: Seems this problem only arises when the files I transfer in includes a m3u file. If I delete the m3u, the transfer is fine.
Uhhhh- did you look at my post about six up? Also, since it doesn't like the m3u, take them out before transferring.

Apr 29, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #3,242 of 9,409
...EDIT: Seems this problem only arises when the files I transfer in includes a m3u file. If I delete the m3u, the transfer is fine.

For Mac OS, playlist files are in PITA to import. Based on what I've experienced on both Mac and Windows I think the issue has to do with how long the import takes. I believe during import, the SP1000 OS searches for each track in the playlist. This takes a couple minutes to do and under Windows, there are no issues other than waiting. However, in Mac OS, AFT times out and crashes even though the M3U file has successfully copied over. If you want to import M3U in Mac OS, then you should:
  • Load all your tracks and allow SP1000 to complete indexing (scanning)
  • Make sure the file path in your M3U is correct. I think both Android and Mac OS use forward slashes.
  • Load each M3U one at a time and wait for it to crash. Check your SP1000 to make sure playlist imported correctly.
  • Restart AFT and repeat

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #3,243 of 9,409
That is one "twisted" connection :) You have both 3.5 and 2.5 going from sp1k to 404a? I assume to gain a ground for 2.5mm balanced, sort of like Pentaconn :wink: How is battery like of 404a? How about the sound in comparison to HO of sp1k?

Yes. the 3.5mm takes over the ground(s) and the 2.5mm becomes dual channel r and s, so the grounding is completely separated. Lowers noise floor and improves the soundstage.

I'm getting around 8-12 hours with rechargeable AA batteries. The 404a takes a batter pack through micro usb and can be used while charging, but SQ is a fair bit better with the AA's. Micro-usb probably just doesn't push enough power. People have said that non-rechargeable batteries sound even better, though I haven't tried.

The 404a is really helpful when driving cans and the output power is phenomenal. I don't think it'll have any issues with the LCD4 or HD800, the XLR output has something like twice the output vrms of the WA8e. It's a ton of power. And I like how it preserves the more neutral and clean signature of the SP1000. I tried the WA8e and wasn't sold on the SP1000-WA8e-Tribute 7 combo (too warm and laid back). The 404a preserves the Ultrasone "house" sound much better just with more detail than you get with just the SP1000.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #3,244 of 9,409
if anybody still has some coins in the piggybank, dignis has just release a new leather case...

http://dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=200&cate_no=85&display_group=1

SP1000 Artisan series Contents.jpg

May 2, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #3,247 of 9,409
Uhhhh- did you look at my post about six up? Also, since it doesn't like the m3u, take them out before transferring.

Yea I did, but that one costs money right, so I was kinda hoping there would be a good one out there for free :beyersmile:

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #3,250 of 9,409
Thinking of getting the SP1000 stainless steel (black) at a discounted price. I have at the moment have the AK240 duralium and i wonder if someone could tell me if the SP1000 is a obvious improvement over the 240 or just a marginal one ? Is it worth the extra money as in regards in the difference in audio quality ?

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #3,254 of 9,409
Nice looking case. Not too pricey. I'd go for the brown one, personally, but I like the blue one.

Oh, and shhhh, I'm finally selling my A&K 240SS, just not using it enough to keep. See link in my sig if interested.

May 6, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #3,255 of 9,409
Nice looking case. Not too pricey. I'd go for the brown one, personally, but I like the blue one.

Oh, and shhhh, I'm finally selling my A&K 240SS, just not using it enough to keep. See link in my sig if interested.
I know this is OT but the AK240 series really had a unique design and it still looks good; almost makes the SP1000 look boring...

GLWS. I would buy it but I already have the SP1000cu.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back