New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #3,226 of 9,406
@JasonNYC pls let us know if Spotify is avaiable (soon or late) on Sp1000? Sorry if some one asked before.
Tnx
@TYATYA No ETA on when Spotify may be added. It is something we are looking into offering.

There are a few workarounds though involving apps with Spotify Connect and DLNA support built in. A few people have posted in the past about how to do it. I tried it myself and used it for a while. There was an app called AirSpot for Android phones that would cast Spotify to DLNA devices. The full song info and art displays on AK players when connected using AK Connect. The app is no longer available in the Google Play store, but I heard of others. If I get some time this weekend, I will try one or two out.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #3,227 of 9,406
congratulation!
I mostly use the folder option to navigate through the various folders and I never had any issue with a spinning wheel, does it happens with both the internal memory and the sd card?

Cause when you press folder, then normally you see both the internal drive and microsd drive, but before that shows up the wheel just keeps spinning.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #3,228 of 9,406
If it is a new player, it takes a few boots to fully index all the files, which is why you may be seeing the spinning circle a few times. You can force a full manual index all at once by going to settings, Default Settings, Initialize media scan.

Depending on the number of songs, it can take up to 10 - 15 minutes to fully index, but on average only takes a few minutes. You will see a message in the notification bar saying "Scanning media"

Thanks Jason. I just initiated a media scan and rebooted the device, seems to be working fine so far.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #3,229 of 9,406
Thanks Jason. I just initiated a media scan and rebooted the device, seems to be working fine so far.

You can check on progress on the pull down menu. If it's still indexing, you will clearly see a message that says "Scanning". Once the message disappears, you indexing will be done.

On a related note - if you want to forgo scanning, you can copy music to SD card while it is installed inside the SP1000. It will scan in real time but adds some latency to the transfer rate. Really depends on how much music you are adding. This is only a decision for initial setup. Once your library is all indexed, adding incremental music going forward should be through the SP1000 instead of yanking out your SD card to a card reader.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #3,230 of 9,406
You can check on progress on the pull down menu. If it's still indexing, you will clearly see a message that says "Scanning". Once the message disappears, you indexing will be done.

On a related note - if you want to forgo scanning, you can copy music to SD card while it is installed inside the SP1000. It will scan in real time but adds some latency to the transfer rate. Really depends on how much music you are adding. This is only a decision for initial setup. Once your library is all indexed, adding incremental music going forward should be through the SP1000 instead of yanking out your SD card to a card reader.

Thanks for the advice. Interestingly enough, the problem didn't happen when I transferred files to sd through the sp1000 while connecting to a computer, it happened after i moved some files internally from the sd card to the internal storage.

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #3,231 of 9,406
...it happened after i moved some files internally from the sd card to the internal storage.

I would advice against this. The files have already been indexed so when you move them internally, I'm not sure how/if the get re-indexed. In fact, under Mac OS using Android File Transfer, there is no way to do this.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #3,232 of 9,406
Generally it’s a good idea to pull files out to your desktop and then delete them from the device, then place them in a new spot. It doesn’t make things happy trying to do it within the device. I use Commander, which is more robust than is AFT, and I wouldn’t move things around internally with it either.

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #3,237 of 9,406
Is it possible to get better "sound" from my SP1000? I use Sony MDR-1a as I like its bass/treble balance. Does anyone have an upgrade recommendation? I've tried Sennheiser but the bass is just lacking for me.

I still want to use the "balance" output from the SP1000. I am Nobunaga Lab's 2.55mm balance cable.

I am not interested in "in ear" headphones. Thanks!

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #3,238 of 9,406
Is it possible to get better "sound" from my SP1000? I use Sony MDR-1a as I like its bass/treble balance. Does anyone have an upgrade recommendation? I've tried Sennheiser but the bass is just lacking for me.

I still want to use the "balance" output from the SP1000. I am Nobunaga Lab's 2.55mm balance cable.

I am not interested in "in ear" headphones. Thanks!

How about the Ultrasone Signature Pro/ Tribute 7? Very drive-able cans that will sound excellent on TRRS with the SP1000

MGwHO7Fl.jpg

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #3,239 of 9,406
For a mac user, are there other apps for file transfer out there that are better than the android file transfer? Cause sometimes during transfer I would get the following error message:

Can't access device storage - Make sure your device is unlocked and "file transfer" or "MTP" mode is selected.

And then I would have to disconnect and close AFT and open it again.

EDIT: Seems this problem only arises when the files I transfer in includes a m3u file. If I delete the m3u, the transfer is fine.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #3,240 of 9,406
How about the Ultrasone Signature Pro/ Tribute 7? Very drive-able cans that will sound excellent on TRRS with the SP1000

MGwHO7Fl.jpg

That is one "twisted" connection :) You have both 3.5 and 2.5 going from sp1k to 404a? I assume to gain a ground for 2.5mm balanced, sort of like Pentaconn :wink: How is battery like of 404a? How about the sound in comparison to HO of sp1k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back