New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Oct 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #106 of 319
If any of you own the Beyerdynamic Tesla T70P or T70, Please try them with your HA-P50 if you haven't already.
Im finding this to be a very nice combo!!
Low noise floor, Crisp Natural highs, Prominent but not overbearing mids, Good solid bass with decent extension.
Im currently listening to Manu Katche's Neighbourhood and its very enjoyable!

Sax is smooth and airy
Precusion is really coming forward without drowning out other instruments.
Piano notes are very clear and sound very natural.
And the bass is brilliant, Nice tight and clear plucks/strums.

And on a funny sidetone, 
Its as if Beyerdynamic & Teac made these two to match aesthetically lol! 

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #107 of 319
  It works with 3 of my devices: Note 2, S3 (i9300) and LG GPad 8.3.

Happy to report it works with a Nexus 5 as well... could've sworn that I saw a post that said it wasn't supposed to, but it was instant plug and play when I tried it at the store. Haven't pulled the trigger on it yet but it sounds about 15x better than the headphone jack on the Nex...

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #108 of 319
Does it work with Nexus 5 over USB with stock media player and google play music?

I was able to use USB DAC with Nexus 5 only with USB Audio Player, which defeats the purpose as the only advantage of N5 over my other players it ability to stream from online services.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #109 of 319
I didn't try it with stock music player, but I can confirm: direct USB connection, google play music, and it sounded great.

My nex5 is stock, not rooted, 4.4.4 and most recent Play Music app update. Really slick - just plug and play, instantly switched to the DAC from the onboard speaker. (I love my Play subscription - ok, so it's not high-rez but I can listen to 98% of what I want to hear)

Quote:
  Does it work with Nexus 5 over USB with stock media player and google play music?

I was able to use USB DAC with Nexus 5 only with USB Audio Player, which defeats the purpose as the only advantage of N5 over my other players it ability to stream from online services.

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #111 of 319
It does not charge my iPhone 5 even when connected to AC. The charge light on the phone briefly lights up when the ha-50 is turned on, but then then returns to not charging and does not charge. Which is a little disappointing. But I do really enjoy the sound!

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #113 of 319
Has anyone tried this with an HTC One M8 line-out USB?

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #115 of 319
Yea, I had that problem too. For me, the noise gets noticeable when the pot is turned up to around 80% and even when music is playing. I've also noticed some noise coming from EMI/RFI by having my iPod or iPhone right next to it. 

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #117 of 319
I never was able to fix the noise issue. It might been exaggerated due to my IEM's (IE80 and IE800). But the noise was annoying so I returned the unit and left the hunt for a portable DAC for another day. I just noticed the Onkyo version of this DAC is now available in the US via adorama. Also the Denon DA-10 was just released and available in the US via several vendors now.

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #118 of 319
  I never was able to fix the noise issue. It might been exaggerated due to my IEM's (IE80 and IE800). But the noise was annoying so I returned the unit and left the hunt for a portable DAC for another day. I just noticed the Onkyo version of this DAC is now available in the US via adorama. Also the Denon DA-10 was just released and available in the US via several vendors now.

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah. it's kind of annoying, but it could be eliminated by turning on crossfade. However, it'll still be persistent when you're not playing music. I'm contemplating about returning it too, but we'll see. I use IEMs as well and its definitely more noticeable. With full-sized cans, it's not audible unless you turn it past 80% though. I've seen the Onkyo before, but didn't pick it up since it's not really an upgrade over the TEAC. The Denon on the other hand looks interesting, but if I'm going to spend more, I'd rather get the International +.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back