New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 8, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #1,876 of 4,122
Only have Spotify app on at minute but sat here live streaming over my WIFI and no interference at all, even with my phone next to it.

I then just swapped over the the 3.5mm TRRS to 4.4mm 'balanced' cable and again, no interference.

Normal 3.5mm a Sony cable, other a 4.4mm Fiiio with the TRRS balanced adapter. (Shure SE846's).

Interestingly I need to be about 8-10 volume steps higher in Spotify vs Walkman App (was same with WM1AM2).

20230308_171400.jpg
Hm interesting - I only notice it on quiet passages. Andromeda are very sensitive more so than the Shures or perhaps you have a golden goose that keeps on giving

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,877 of 4,122
I just got the Sennheiser IE200 - great synergy with the a306 - they sound almost reference like and punch way beyond their price. I also hear all dsp changes with these even vinyl simulation which counteracts their slight dry neutrality.

This dap gives them great large sound stage - the mids really come through and the bass is bouncy and tight. This is excellent combo! I might even prefer it to Mojo 2

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #1,878 of 4,122
I just got the Sennheiser IE200 - great synergy with the a306 - they sound almost reference like and punch way beyond their price. I also hear all dsp changes with these even vinyl simulation which counteracts their slight dry neutrality.

This dap gives them great large sound stage - the mids really come through and the bass is bouncy and tight. This is excellent combo! I might even prefer it to Mojo 2
I've been toying with buying some IE600

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,879 of 4,122
Hi, i was the original poster. The shop owner tell me Sony still not reply anything about the problem.

@ductue89 - Thanks for your posts.

I wonder if the shop owner tried to contact Sony directly, or whether he simply reached out to customer support. Apparently, Sony’s support system is run by a third party—Sony itself isn’t directly involved. Regardless, it’s not surprising that the shop owner is getting the silent treatment.

Mar 8, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #1,880 of 4,122
The latest info from my Sony contact is that the (US?) Walkman team thinks that it might be related to a volume limitation, but they will confirm with Tokyo. I'm not really sure what that means relative to a fix, but at least we are getting responses. I'll update when I hear more.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #1,881 of 4,122
The latest info from my Sony contact is that the (US?) Walkman team thinks that it might be related to a volume limitation, but they will confirm with Tokyo. I'm not really sure what that means relative to a fix, but at least we are getting responses. I'll update when I hear more.

Good to get a response, but there's tons with the bass problem with no cap. So the volume limitation doesn't make sense. Hopefully Tokyo will set them straight 😀

I mean people are going to be clueless until you reach a certain level at Sony. I'm sure we know more than the first few people that you will have contact with. I'm not being mean at all, but If you've dealt with any kind of general tech support- you know what to expect.

It's like dealing with computer tech support (God bless them) and they're just reading from a list, hoping one of those things fixes your problem. But you've already tried all those things yourself, eventually/hopefully you will get to somebody with actual tech knowledge.

Which I totally understand, with the volume of calls it has to be done that way. And it takes newbs out of the cue that didn't know this or that, and their problem is fixed after a simple procedure. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir in this case, but these situations always take patience.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #1,883 of 4,122
Good to get a response, but there's tons with the bass problem with no cap. So the volume limitation doesn't make sense. Hopefully Tokyo will set them straight 😀

Agreed. I have sent our list and quite a bit of other information (Reddit threads, etc) so maybe that will help. I am still a bit surprised that no Japanese forums seem to be discussing the issue.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #1,884 of 4,122
Agreed. I have sent our list and quite a bit of other information (Reddit threads, etc) so maybe that will help. I am still a bit surprised that no Japanese forums seem to be discussing the issue.

Japanese users are probably using Sony iem bass +++ models, lol.

It is strange for sure, but I'm sure eventually someone will take notice.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #1,885 of 4,122

Can I ask about the fit? Are they small, light and comfortable? I have ie800 and they are small, but left earbud isn't working and it's out of warranty.

So I've been looking for some small single dd buds. The roundish looking fiio models look comfy, F5, F7. But I noticed all the new iem senns have that shape. I probably will buy the from Amazon and see how they feel, but 150 bucks is pretty good price.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #1,886 of 4,122
Can I ask about the fit? Are they small, light and comfortable? I have ie800 and they are small, but left earbud isn't working and it's out of warranty.

So I've been looking for some small single dd buds. The roundish looking fiio models look comfy, F5, F7. But I noticed all the new iem senns have that shape. I probably will buy the from Amazon and see how they feel, but 150 bucks is pretty good price.
I have the IE 200 aswell and think it is a great combination with the Sony A306.

They are nice and small, and fit my rather small ears really well. Once I found the right tips the sound improved by a good amount and my last gripe about comfort (my right ear started to hurt after 30 minutes) went away completely. I am currently using Spinfit W1s with the IE 200. Comfortable enough for me to wear it for 6 hours no probs (did not try longer yet, lol).

EDIT: Stock cable is very microphonic though... Replacing that is next on my list

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #1,887 of 4,122
Only have Spotify app on at minute but sat here live streaming over my WIFI and no interference at all, even with my phone next to it.

I then just swapped over the the 3.5mm TRRS to 4.4mm 'balanced' cable and again, no interference.

Normal 3.5mm a Sony cable, other a 4.4mm Fiiio with the TRRS balanced adapter. (Shure SE846's).

Interestingly I need to be about 8-10 volume steps higher in Spotify vs Walkman App (was same with WM1AM2).

20230308_171400.jpg
Does the balanced cable improve the sound significantly when you're streaming Spotify?

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #1,888 of 4,122
I have the IE 200 aswell and think it is a great combination with the Sony A306.

They are nice and small, and fit my rather small ears really well. Once I found the right tips the sound improved by a good amount and my last gripe about comfort (my right ear started to hurt after 30 minutes) went away completely. I am currently using Spinfit W1s with the IE 200. Comfortable enough for me to wear it for 6 hours no probs (did not try longer yet, lol).

EDIT: Stock cable is very microphonic though... Replacing that is next on my list

Thanks, that gives me hope. Yes spinfits are really comfy, I also like the big clear UE tips. With the tips I would use that protruding part probably wouldn't even touch my ear. The fiios are pretty much round so if not too heavy they'd probably be comfy.

I was thinking about trying xelentos but they're all wireless now. I had previous AK model and it was very comfy. Really no place around me to try headphones and such. I know I'm in trouble when rose minis hurt my ears, of course maybe that could be the cable I'm using atm. Anyways at least I have some ideas and final e2000 actually sound great with the Sony, and they're beyond small and light. Also they sound better straight out of the Sony than my dongle. Really nice combo.

But not very durable, very thin wires.

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #1,889 of 4,122
Does the balanced cable improve the sound significantly when you're streaming Spotify?
I'd say no, its not essential, slightly improved, but I am sticking to using it.

Bit more open space, darker background, more pristine sounding mids.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #1,890 of 4,122
We have drifted into becoming a Sennheiser thread!

@psikey - I have the IE300 and preferred it to the IE600 FWIW.
The "proprietary" cable isn't really. It has slightly different MMCX connectors and so some other cables work, some don't.
You can order bespoke cables with these connectors if you need something specific (Null Audio do good ones) or buy compatible MMCX plugs for very low cost on AliExpress if you are happy to re-terminate an existing cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back