New Sony M10 High Rez DAP waiting at my front door!
Oct 15, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 35

Quote:

Those microphones at the top look pretty cumbersome haha.

Those would be awesome if they were spot lights and a disco ball dropped down.  Woohoo!

Memory stick only, ewww.  I'll by an iPhone before a memory stick, yuck.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 35

Quote:
What did I do???
confused_face_2.gif

You've been a very bad boy........
wink_face.gif

Anyway, I'll see how it pans out.Yes the interface is not as fancy, and smooth as many are used to, but you sure seem to get alot for your money. The high rez recording feature should be alot of fun too. I plan to purchase some nice external mics for it.

As for the D50, Yeah I really looked hard at it, but the form factor isn't so hot for DAP use, and I think it's due for an update as the M10 had some updated features such as SD mem, and batt, life. I didn't want to be stuck with an "Old" model. I may grab a d50 for recording after the next update to the model.

Oct 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #21 of 35
the d10 would be hot if it had 16 or even 8 gb of storage instead of the measly 4gb, great to hear that it sounds good though!

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #22 of 35

Don't forget Korg MR1, MR2 and MR1000.

Portable and support playback up to 1 / 2 600 000 Hz and 10Hz-100kHz freq response, not a weak 24 / 96 000 Hz and 20Hz-20kHz Lol.

I think they all support MP3 and WAV but the main file support is .DFF, .DSF and .WSD, now where do I start collecting these file formats Lol. 
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 35

Quote:

It takes Micro SD Cards up to a confirmed 32G + the 4G internal.

The M10 does.  The D10 says it doesn't.

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #26 of 35
Well, TBH, I'd love 1 of these for portable audio if I could get it in a small form factor, coupled w/LOOOONNNNGGGGGG battery life. I have heard these recorders also blow away the DAP's we use w/their stellar audio playback. I may test 1 out eventually,...................but it'll be awhile, since my audio "to-do" list is a mile long at this point.
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
;D thanks for not taking it seriously nywytboy68

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #28 of 35
I was looking at those. Some have digital out. Into the right DAC or converting device of your choice, the flexibility is hard to pass up. I wonder why there is not more interest in these things. Too many people still playing MP3 files maybe?

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #29 of 35
wmacky,

1. What is the playback interface like? How are music files displayed? Nested folders? How do you select songs...an entire album for example?
2. How is the headphone-out? (Neutral? Warm? Powerful?)
3. Have you connected the headphone-out/lineout to a separate headphone amp? Impressions?
4. Have you compared the M50 to other portable hi-rez recorders in the $200-300 price range, such as the M-Audio, the Edirol, or the Tascam?
5. Have you tried playing any hi-rez .WAV files?

TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back