New Sony IEMs: EX500 and EX300
Jul 21, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #47 of 81
From the description from mark2410 I am sure that they are real sonys. the price was low because the only thing in the box was the headphones and they were the japanese SL version. After playing them for about 20 hours straight and burning them in a bit they start to open up a bit and sound better. I think that my first impression was a bit biased because I was used to the tinny sound of my EX55s. These do have a better sound, just not one that I was expecting.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #48 of 81
When an IEM is sold on eBay and they don't come with all of the accessories, they are fake. I bought some EX700's off of eBay and they came with a Japanese box and only 3 pairs of tips. Guess what, my genuine EX300's sounded better than the eBay EX700's even after some burn in. The EX700's even had a warm sound.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #49 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by WCUCEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the description from mark2410 I am sure that they are real sonys. the price was low because the only thing in the box was the headphones and they were the japanese SL version. After playing them for about 20 hours straight and burning them in a bit they start to open up a bit and sound better. I think that my first impression was a bit biased because I was used to the tinny sound of my EX55s. These do have a better sound, just not one that I was expecting.

post a link to them on here, no accessories sounds suspicious to me

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #52 of 81
I can't say that i am very surprised. Guess i was going off of wishful thinking. Would $50 to $60 be a reasonable price to get a authentic pair?

Jul 22, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #54 of 81
with 13.5mm drivers and responding all the way down to 5Hz, I would think that these would be the clear bass winners for all iems but they are constantly said on here to be less bassy than the turbines, atrio, ie8s... what's going on?

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #55 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by used-2-rap-on-headphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with 13.5mm drivers and responding all the way down to 5Hz, I would think that these would be the clear bass winners for all iems but they are constantly said on here to be less bassy than the turbines, atrio, ie8s... what's going on?

as with other things in life its not the size that matters its what you do with it

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #56 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as with other things in life its not the size that matters its what you do with it

that's what I always have to tell the ladies.

But that's my point. What is Sony doing wrong with all that metal?

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #57 of 81
more isnt always better, look at the etymotics, all regarded as bass light and yet some of the best that has ever been made. the er4 design hasnt changed in forever

im sure if sony wanted them to produce ungodly amounts of bass they could but why would any one want that

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #59 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by used-2-rap-on-headphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
because there's jokers like me out there that only listen to rap and aren't satisfied till i can feel my brain moving.

Grab a pair of Sennheiser IE8's, crank the bass dial to the max, and you will get a crazy amount of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back