New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #166 of 1,052
wow just wrote a massive review for the 1More Quad in the Head gear section only have an error appear when I clicked on post. Is there any way to see if the body of that review is in the system some where. I literally spent 2 hours writing up the review to only have it all lost...

My advice is to always write everything somewhere else - Word, Gmail, whatever. Then copy and paste to the forum. Saves this sort of thing from happening. You do still end up doing some minor formatting when you post, but it's not bad.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #169 of 1,052
Thanks project86, I should have done that but got caught up in the heat of the inspirational moment and forgot to LOL.

Dev's I also can not use quoting in the portable mode getting more permission denied errors when I try to. Also my birthday has been inverted on the month and day so it now shows November 4 instead of April 11.

I also get access denied when I try to like something...

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #171 of 1,052
  1. Constantly having to log in
  2. Desktop/mobile layout is a manual switch now, and I keep having to swap whenever I log in on my phone or PC
  3. Tapatalk doesn't work at all
  4. The front page is horrible with those insane "FORUM RULES!!!" things showing up under every heading
  5. Hitting "home" at the top of the page doesn't take you to the forum home like it should, but the front page
  6. On mobile there's no easy way to just look at my forum subscriptions, it's buried
  7. my god the ads are everywhere
  8. Why is it fixed width??
  9. The main page is just putrid, those big gaudy boxes are an eyesore
  10. No easy list of recent updated threads or the like
  11. Did I mention OH MY GOD THE ADS?
All in all, this is about as much of a step backwards as I have ever seen a big forum undergo.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #173 of 1,052
Latest version of Firefox refuses to connect via HTTPS to Head-Fi. It claims the security is invalid.

I do not know the exact version of Firefox - because of the above issue. It is the latest version for Windows. I tested, and updated the version prior to re-testing the connection. I am posting this from another computer, running MacOS and Chrome. These are not reporting the security issue.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #175 of 1,052
Can anyone tell me how can i get to my subscribed threads? how do i look for a review of a product? how do i write a review?

I don't know how to make this site work lol, i feel like i'm 65 years old.

Same.

Oh and it looks like spambots are invading, so we can add that to the list of screwups.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #176 of 1,052
Hi,

First issue i'm encountering, where is the "search this forum" option finding it might have prevented this post :)
Second, I cannot scroll using the mouse scroll wheel. using chrome, no scroll issues on other sites.
Third, what happened to bumping a classified?
Issues aside, the site is visually a million times better and the navigation, though it asks for a bit of getting used to, is much nicer in my opinion. Amazing work done here!!

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #177 of 1,052
I get the security warnings from my phone (Android).

Would not recognize my password. Went through the "forgot password" prompt and then re-entered my old password. Works now but have to constantly log in.

Maybe just me but still haven't found out how to PM.

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #178 of 1,052
I get the security warnings from my phone (Android).

Would not recognize my password. Went through the "forgot password" prompt and then re-entered my old password. Works now but have to constantly log in.

Maybe just me but still haven't found out how to PM.

Oh yeah, if I log into the mobile site I get those constantly.

Also, if you want to have some fun, have the desktop site open, then pull it up on your phone. Switch to the mobile layout on your phone. Now reload on your desktop. Oh wow, mobile layout!

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #179 of 1,052
Latest version of Firefox refuses to connect via HTTPS to Head-Fi. It claims the security is invalid.

I do not know the exact version of Firefox - because of the above issue. It is the latest version for Windows. I tested, and updated the version prior to re-testing the connection. I am posting this from another computer, running MacOS and Chrome. These are not reporting the security issue.
I'm on firefox 53.0 and didn't encounter any issue with https or any form of security warnings.
I do use adblock so one hypothesis would be that maybe some ads cause the security problems?

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #180 of 1,052
Seem to have lost my account (or at least I can't log into it...won't recognize the password saved on Chrome). No way to contact any admin. :frowning2:

PM me or email me (joe at head-fi dot org) and I'll get you straightened out.

*I can't like any posts. I get a security warning notice.

*I can't search anything. I get a security warning notice.

*I can't log in from my phone. I get a security warning notice.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Can you tell me what OS and browser you're using, as well as if you were in desktop or mobile mode? I'm trying to recreate the issue, and this information will help us out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back