New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Sep 9, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #917 of 1,045
It seems that likes are no longer visible in private messages. It's not somethinf important, but they wee visible before.

I'm accessing Head-Fi from my smartphone (1080p resolution).

Sep 9, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #919 of 1,045
I checked it in the landscape orientation and it's the same thing.

I also just checked now on Google Chrome on PC, and it's the same situation.

Feel free to send me a PM and I can like the message so you can confirm it - or maybe you already have a PM with a message of yours which is liked by someone.

For posts it works fine, I can see messages and who liked them.

Sep 9, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #922 of 1,045
Sep 23, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #923 of 1,045
We are not blocking any ISPs. Sounds like you'll want to contact your provider to see what's going on.

If you're referring to the font color in the login text fields, we're working on changing that to something that can be read easily.
Ok,
Safari 2021, for some reason cannot see the "Like" on forums to like posts. I can open Firefox and other browsers no problems. Just wondering why I can see everything except the "Like" options on posts. Not sure if anyone is experiencing this or if there is an adjustment I need to make.

Nevermind. Right click on extension, select manage extensions, uncheck block social widgets. Thanks for indulging me all. Listen on!

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #924 of 1,045
You're welcome! :relaxed:

Sep 30, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #925 of 1,045
This may be my fault (cleared all my browsing data) but I can't get a secure connection to Head-Fi. The error is that your certificate is not valid. See the screen shots. I'm on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan. Thanks for any ideas!

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 12.25.54.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 12.25.19.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 12.14.00.png

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #926 of 1,045
This may be my fault (cleared all my browsing data) but I can't get a secure connection to Head-Fi. The error is that your certificate is not valid. See the screen shots. I'm on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan. Thanks for any ideas!

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 12.25.54.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 12.25.19.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 12.14.00.png

You could check your MacBook's time and date, having the wrong date set can cause this as well.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #928 of 1,045
Hi @RCBinTN !

Okay, so it appears it's an issue with the issuing authority, because our certificate IS valid (You can see by the date that it is still valid -- I watch that thing like a bloody hawk, I tell ya.) Here's how you can correct it, since it looks like you're using Chrome. (I just did this myself while investigating.)
  1. Click the lock in the address bar.
  2. Click "Site Settings".
  3. Click "Clear Data".
This will log you out, but if you restart your browser, you'll have the correct certificate showing. Just sign back in and you're good to go. (Thanks to @HF_Ryan for giving me the fix, to give you the fix.)

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #929 of 1,045

Hi @RCBinTN,

It looks like you have the correct certificate for Head-Fi, but have an out of date certificate for our issuing authority (R3). You should be able to resolve this by clearing your local site data for Head-Fi. It appears that you're using Chrome (or another Chromium-based browser), so clearing site data is a simple process. First, click the SSL area of the address bar (currently reading "Not secure") and then click "Site settings". This will bring up a new tab that will have a "Clear data" button near the top right. Go ahead and clear the data. Since you'll no longer have a copy of the certificate, your browser will be forced to download the full chain, including the latest certificate from R3. You'll need to log back into Head-Fi afterwards, but the SSL situation should be resolved.

Please let me know if this resolved your issue.

Best,
Ryan

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #930 of 1,045
Hi @RCBinTN !

Okay, so it appears it's an issue with the issuing authority, because our certificate IS valid (You can see by the date that it is still valid -- I watch that thing like a bloody hawk, I tell ya.) Here's how you can correct it, since it looks like you're using Chrome. (I just did this myself while investigating.)
  1. Click the lock in the address bar.
  2. Click "Site Settings".
  3. Click "Clear Data".
This will log you out, but if you restart your browser, you'll have the correct certificate showing. Just sign back in and you're good to go. (Thanks to @HF_Ryan for giving me the fix, to give you the fix.)
Looks like @joe beat me to the punch!

I'll just go back to hiding in my dev cave... 👨‍💻:laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back