New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #91 of 9,484
Quote:
Ok pardon the stupid question, is it possible to get an adapter for a headphone with a SE connector to plug into this amp or would doing that blow up your headphones?

Even though the amp has a SE connector, you could get an adapter and it wouldn't blow your headphones up. unless you decided to crank it up to max.. but then again it would blow them up anyway if you did that. not to mention you would likely be deaf.

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #95 of 9,484
Quote:
Do you want your statement headphone amp to run your speakers? 

Me neither. 

Do you want to be able to plug your headphones into your statement headphone amp without buying a new cable? 

Me too. 

Considering I currently have an Emotiva XDA-2 and UPA-200 taking up a fair amount of space on my desk for my desktop speaker setup, quite possibly.

My bedroom setup uses a cheapo receiver with the only source being HDMI from my HTPC. If the statement gear can drive my speakers as well as the emotiva stuff, I'll happily use the statement gear for them and replace the receiver in my bedroom.

I think enough people use headphones at their desk that it could be a really smart choice.

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #96 of 9,484
Cancel post.  Sorry

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #98 of 9,484
Quote:
Pretty cool intro.  I had offered a suggestion almost 2 yrs back for them to make a desktop amp.  Looks like a few more folk were interested in one too!

Thank you SleeStack for making this all happen... 
blink.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #99 of 9,484
Hehe.  You're welcome!  Actually at the time I asked (in 2011),  Jason's response was QUOTE:

Code:
 We don't have any current plans for power amps, though the idea is definitely interesting. I could see us pursuing something like that in late 2012, but no guarantees.

Obviously other people were interested too.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #105 of 9,484
If they use the names Ragnarok and Yggdrasil , where do they go from there?

Helheim, Neflheim, Midgard, and on and on. Norse mythology is not short of names!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back