New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #63 of 9,484
My
Electrostats for me just do everything so effortlessly, the lower end of the offerings can do many aspects of sound much better than most of the non-estat high end/TOTL offerings out there. It's all about sound preferences and what you listen to at the end of the day.

Also auditioning headphones at meets or audio festivals is not a good way to find out what is good and what is bad as it only tells you so much. I'm sure you will be blown away if you had a SR-009 vs say LCD3 or T1 headphones both compared comprehensively at a mini meet or personally in your own home. 

That said, I did recently sell my HD800 (few days ago) and to me the HD800 is the best dynamic headphone money can buy and only short of the higher end Stax offerings, some may disagree but at the end of the day, the only con I can think about of the HD800's when not amped properly is it's treble (besides it's awful paint chipping as well).

Yes rakija is awesome, my friends are of Serbian background so I get them to brew me some when I need it for special needs and occasions. 
beerchug.gif
my father in law is Croatian, and he makes that stuff - I only touch it when I am sick, it's better than NyQuil - works great as a paint thinner, too
:)

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #65 of 9,484
Quote:

yugg.... yergg... ygd..? well crap.

Schiit Audio's new statement Product!! (do i win?)

supposedly the Y has an I sound.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #68 of 9,484
Gonna have to do some moving and saving.
Ragnarok will go nicely in my system.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #74 of 9,484
This is that thing that have had rumors for a while, isn't it? The "statement" DAC. They even addressed that in their FAQ I think.

Anyway, waiting for the Jörmungandr. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back