New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 12, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #18 of 9,484
Looks sick! Can't wait to hear them.

And 100w per channel!?! is it a speaker amp too?

also 30 Lbs each? jeez must have some huge transformers.

really curious to see the board of the Yggdrasil since they were supposed using some proprietary d/a system and not the AKM dac chip supposedly.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 9,484
Being a speaker amp, it really is too bad THERE IS NO WAY TO MUTE THE SPEAKERS!!

Left button is the input selector, then the right button must be the gain selector. 

How many prefers to have the speakers playing full volume while they are listening to headphones?? Anyone??

--------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Answer form Jason at Schiit

Quote:

Current firmware lets you cycle through "only speakers, only headphones, both," by holding down the source button. There. And I won't even increase the price by $50.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 9,484
Quote:
I've been out of the loop for a while. What's wrong with the Asgard 2?

The early units had a quite loud transformer hum and also high noise floor according to some people. I never experienced the high noise floor, but the transformer hum was very annoying. Also it had some other issues I mentioned in my review you can find here on headfi

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #25 of 9,484
Quote:
Being a speaker amp, it really is too bad THERE IS NO WAY TO MUTE THE SPEAKERS!!

Left button is the input selector, then the right button must be the gain selector. 

How many prefers to have the speakers playing full volume while they are listening to headphones?? Anyone??

Actually the question is how many will be using headphone at the same time with speakers hooking up?

I guess the speakers output will be automatically muted when headphone is plugged in. Waiting confirmation from Jason.

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #27 of 9,484
I wouldn't exactly call it the worlds first there are integrated amps out there also with headphone out either TRS or balanced but a bit pricier.

So how does one pronounce Yggdrasil? 

Good to see Schiit moving up but it would only grab my attention if they get into electrostats as I'm no longer part of the dynamic club.

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #30 of 9,484
Quote:
 "I'm no longer part of the dynamic club"

Why so? I had to ask because you said in your description that you have auditioned/owned almost everything on the market.

A person with so much experience saying that, has some serious weight to it. Even I have had the chance to audition electrostatics, namely the SR-009 and other Stax headphones, but I did not really see that much of a difference. They do sound amazing and better than most dynamic headphones, but the difference is not that great I think.

Btw, I actually have a feeling that Schiit might go into electrostatic stuff in the future.

PS: You really put Rakija in your interests, awesome
beerchug.gif
, why didnt i think of that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back