New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #46 of 9,484
Loved my 160d. Actually more than my soloist atm. Guess im not built for hifi:)

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #47 of 9,484
Its completely subjective.

I like more musical gear. Rather than say the HE-500 is the best I've heard, I'll say they're the ones I WANT the most.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #48 of 9,484
Quote:
10 minutes is nowhere near enough to distinguish anything especially at a meet under meet conditions.

I would agree with that, if you think a particular headphone sounded good or maybe not bad but some of them sound bad as soon as you hit Play. Those don't take even a minute to determine if you like them or not.

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #49 of 9,484
I cant wait for these.

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #50 of 9,484
I agree with DefQon - 10 minutes is not enough.

Yes, this hobby is subjective - in my field we call refer to phenomena like listening impressions "ambiguous stimuli" - but such stimuli are not completely subjective.

Whilst we may all differ on the exact threshold at which we recognise 'dry' for example, it would be a rare audiophile that hears 'wet' when the rest of us hear dry. It's this approximate agreement among us that makes sharing impressions and writing reviews both valid and useful. Because of this, we bear some responsibility in what we report.

Anyways, getting off-topic. Personally, I'm looking forward to Yggdrasil :D

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #52 of 9,484
Quote:
Being a speaker amp, it really is too bad THERE IS NO WAY TO MUTE THE SPEAKERS!!

Left button is the input selector, then the right button must be the gain selector. 

Current firmware lets you cycle through "only speakers, only headphones, both," by holding down the source button. There. And I won't even increase the price by $50.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #53 of 9,484
Quote:

Current firmware lets you cycle through "only speakers, only headphones, both," by holding down the source button. There. And I won't even increase the price by $50.

Good to know!!

Hope you get someday a partner in Spain, I'm looking forward to test hear you statement amp.

Cheers!

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #54 of 9,484
Quote:
eek.gif

I sold the Burson HA-160D as fast as I could.  Different strokes for different folks..
biggrin.gif

Yeah hated the 160D myself as well found the amplifier too slow and muffled and bright at the same time. The Soloist on the other hand is a good improvement but it still won't touch my b22.
Quote:

Awesome.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #55 of 9,484
Quote:
Yeah hated the 160D myself as well found the amplifier too slow and muffled and bright at the same time. The Soloist on the other hand is a good improvement but it still won't touch my b22.

Say what????  You like the B22 better than the Soloist?  That's a shocker.  Solude - says the Soloist is way better than the B22.  I haven't heard the Soloist yet so I have no idea.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #56 of 9,484
Well I do have a pretty special b22. Depends on what headphones Solude is talking about, lots of people like the Soloist with the LCD2's, I find my b22 to do just better in almost every aspect in this regard with my LCD2's. If pairing the HD800's, I wouldn't go near a Soloist within a 30 feet pole, the sound pairing sounds craptastic to me. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #57 of 9,484
Quote:

I can picture myself accidentally having the speakers on a not even knowing with good isolating headphones lmao.

Could be a good way to wake up the room mates on a late night listening session lol

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #59 of 9,484
I agree with DefQon - 10 minutes is not enough.

Yes, this hobby is subjective - in my field we call refer to phenomena like listening impressions "ambiguous stimuli" - but such stimuli are not completely subjective.

Whilst we may all differ on the exact threshold at which we recognise 'dry' for example, it would be a rare audiophile that hears 'wet' when the rest of us hear dry. It's this approximate agreement among us that makes sharing impressions and writing reviews both valid and useful. Because of this, we bear some responsibility in what we report.

Anyways, getting off-topic. Personally, I'm looking forward to Yggdrasil
biggrin.gif

If you can pronounce the name correctly, then you can have one for free!

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #60 of 9,484
Quote:

If you can pronounce the name correctly, then you can have one for free!

yugg.... yergg... ygd..? well crap.

Schiit Audio's new statement Product!! (do i win?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back