New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #2,581 of 9,484
Jul 10, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #2,582 of 9,484
  sorry fi this has been asked, buy with the yaggy support dsd or will you still need a loki?

hahahahahahahahahaha................. I love this thread! 

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #2,583 of 9,484
  A monochromatic rig is boring.

You need anodized aluminum to give your basic black components a frisson of swankiness.

DING DING DING DING +1

I think my audio racks display just fine with contrasting finishes, especially since part of the appeal is the mixing and matching of different makes/models for "Best of Class" components from personal research.  Relative to cost, of course.

You can even alternate colors per consecutive shelves for symmetry, I suppose. <deadpan smiley>

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #2,584 of 9,484

Lol I knew it's not even a dream..! guess I do understand Jason and team's position on this... and it would really take the vendor, or alex, or someone to really screw up again so see them in black!   well Jack (amongst others) do offer their amps in both silver and black and seems to be selling both reasonably well... just sayin...  but guess it's moot!

let's get back to R2R or whatever discussions we were on before....  
wink.gif

Now you know how I feel...

Pure speculation on my part, but if the Yggy does in fact use discrete R2R matched resistor ladder multi-bit DA conversion, then the breakthrough in pricing may be a cost effective means of laser trimming the paired resistors for exact matching which has now become possible.

So, the Yggy represents both modern cutting edge technology for conversion and dusting off an olde 1917 paper for its filtering algorithm.  Both the archaic and the avant garde in one bold DAC product that is truly une-ni-que.  Is there a Norse Janus?  <more deadpan smilage>

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #2,585 of 9,484

Now you know how I feel...

Pure speculation on my part, but if the Yggy does in fact use discrete R2R matched resistor ladder multi-bit DA conversion, then the breakthrough in pricing may be a cost effective means of laser trimming the paired resistors for exact matching which has now become possible.

So, the Yggy represents both modern cutting edge technology for conversion and dusting off an olde 1917 paper for its filtering algorithm.  Both the archaic and the avant garde in one bold DAC product that is truly une-ni-que.  Is there a Norse Janus?  <more deadpan smilage>

Yep that would be one of the challenges.  It seems to be a very ambitious design...

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #2,587 of 9,484
^^^I believe what Jason is saying is that there isn't a correlation between good measurements and good sound. There are many amplifiers that have wonderful specs, but sound like Schiit. I will not name names but almost all early transistor amps, the Japanese dreck of the '70's, etc.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #2,588 of 9,484
^^^I believe what Jason is saying is that there isn't a correlation between good measurements and good sound. There are many amplifiers that have wonderful specs, but sound like Schiit. I will not name names but almost all early transistor amps, the Japanese dreck of the '70's, etc.

If I were to get a high spec amp having it sound like schiit wouldn't be a bad thing. I here they make some pretty good amps 
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #2,590 of 9,484
Quick Ragnarok update: the control boards have to go back to the PCB assembly house for some rework. Shouldn't delay things much, though. I'll let you know how things are looking for opening up orders early next week.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 11, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #2,592 of 9,484
You are a saint, thanks for the updates.

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2,593 of 9,484
Can't wait!! I'm using Schiit stack and I really love it. I was thinking of upgrading to LYR2+Bifrost Uber before but since I have four headphones and will receive LCD2 soon, so I think I will go for the flagship amp and dac.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #2,594 of 9,484
If I were to get a high spec amp having it sound like schiit wouldn't be a bad thing. I here they make some pretty good amps :p

Sarcasm, on this thread:stuck_out_tongue:?

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #2,595 of 9,484
Wyrd cam in today, on the Modi for now, music rises out of deep black darkness, noise floor lower than Congressional approval polls........first impressions, more to come.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back